Newest OSX update?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, May 12, 2006.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Anyone with MacIntels having issues after installing Intel updates released in the Apple auto updates yesterday?

My fuckin MBP won't even move past the loading screen now. :ugh:

2. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

:eek3:

3. Halon X

Halon X New Member

Are you talking about the security, Quicktime and Front Row updates?

I was just about to pull the trigger on installing them.

Are you running BootCamp?

4. Halon X

Halon X New Member

5. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

No bootcamp. DLed it, but never installed.

Okay, found out the deal. A shit load of MacIntels are having the issue. It's actually all over the Apple forums. It was the security update that was the issue. I think it was the Adobe Version Cue that has a conflict with the Security update. Either way, I had to take my MBP into Apple, and they had to do a reinstall of OS X. Killed my cashe and preferences. I think they had to scrap all the start up crap. Needless to say, Adobe Version Que isn't in my task bar anymore either.

As far as the overheating goes, I'm looking at a week and a half without my MBP as the thing will have to be sent in to have the work done. Also, anyone with frontrow, even if things seem to be working fine, I found out that the reason why mine wasn't was because my remote was never synced. I guess all need to be done after purchase. Basically, the remote is always sending a signal, and the computer is always looking for a signal, but neither are looking to pair a specific signal until they are synced to one another.

Syncing your Front Row remote is easy. Point the remote at the computer IR port, then press menu and play at the same time until you see a chain icon appear on your screen. Thats's all there is to it.

6. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

Ouch... This definitely isn't what Apple wanted going on with the Intel transition.