Newest Detail : Evo 8

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dan avoN7, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

My friend recently purchased an Evo 8 that was in already great shape. Mainly it just needed a wash as it has been up to the snow alot this season and hasn't been washed once. We went over the car 2 times completely to make sure we got the dirt off and then it started to rain :(

after letting the car dry in the garage I went to work with Opt. Polish with a PC. Went around the whole car with this and after the results were great. Paint was a ton smoother and by looking at it in garage lighting there didn't seem to be any swirls.

after that I topped the car off with S100 wax by hand. Didn't have any time really since my friend had to get to an appointment so it was a very very quick detail. Usually would have used some other products like a sealant at least but we were in a rush. Will most likely do the car again when the weather is better and do a full detail.

Here are some pics (crappy weather :( )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

Sucks about the weather, other then that nice!

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Pretty damn wet for white paint! :)

4. Fusion

Fusion OTSS FTW OT Supporter

Nice car, Wish mine was that clean..........

Scott coem detail my Evo

5. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

yea I love the opt. polish. I usually take my time with that step and do about 3 passes on the area I am working on, really gets the swirls out. I hope the weather is better this week so I can check the car out in the sun.

next week is my cars turn to get detailed. just want to wait until I get it tuned and make sure I'm not having to wrench on it anymore to get it all dirty ;)

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Not sure when I will go through Missouri again, maybe if I visit my son at his school. Hell, I should have done that this past weekend, couldn't work anyway because of the shitty weather here.