newbie advice

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by crazy15, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

ok i am totally new to weight lifting and all of this. I have looked around and read the stickies. I am planning to gain weight, alot of it :p Aswell as gain muscle for appearance wise. i am currently 5 11 foot and weigh like 130 :( yeah i know reallly skinny haha. I am probably going going to use a protein shake type thing and eat alot, aswell as lift. I want to do full body, mostly increase the size of my legs,arms, and pecs. So pretty much full body. I was looking at the "Total Body Training" http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.d...D30D02E4873218A6A737.titan?id=508031&pageNo=0

so yeah i was pretty much wondering what to expect, any advice or suggestions haha. Also any recommended protein shakes that would help me, or other supplements.

thanks

2. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

where u work out? if you have an all access 24hr membership you can workout with me at the 24hr in downtown berkeley

3. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

my advice? read. read everything you can find. keep reading and dont stop.

while reading of course you should be putting into practice what you read, experimenting with how your body reacts to various routines/exercises/etc.

there are stickies here, as well as archives with a host of information.

4. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

additionally, please refrain from referring to creatine as "steroids", it upsets people.

5. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

you'll only need supps around your workouts, and/or additionally a serving of a good profile weightgainer. ON's lines of weightgainers are pretty good, and their chocolate flavors are awesome

6. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

haha i wasnt sure, i was reading that thread and someone reffered to them as steroids and i was not sure :p

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

If you do everything right there's a good chance you'll blow up in size the first few months..

The main thing here is to not be discouraged when you see your progress slowing. It's normal for that to happen, stay motivated and focused and you'll get to where you want to be.

8. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

yea i am not expecting over night results. I am hoping maybe after 3 months to notice some differences but i am determined to keep at this, i am sick of being skinny :p

and toyota i was also looking at GNC Pro Performance® Weight Gainer 2200 . Ill do some comparisons on the 2

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

ontop of the weightgainer, if you want to gain mass, start eatting more. make a conscious effort to eat over and over and over again. until you feel you're gonna vomit. then you know you're doing it right.

10. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

use the bill starr routine christophers posted. it will fucking work you. keep your protein in grams at or above your body weight in pounds. so for you eat at least 130 g protein per day.

shovel down the chow.

11. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

can i have a link to the routine, i couldnt find it, or not sure which one you are talking about.

thanks

12. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

13. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

thanks. heres a quick question, ive done some research on creatine, thinking about using it.

This GNC weight gainer says it has creatine in it, would this be sufficient creatine, or would it be better to get a package of creatine on its own aswell?

14. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

stay away from anything GNC. total ripoff. www.bulknutrition.com is where its at.

I did the total body workout that you linked. worked well. my numbers didn't go up or anything, but i was cutting at the time. I will use it again at some point.

15. Huge Evil Robot

Huge Evil Robot Must not sleep, must warn others

Overnight results are pushing it, but since you are jsut starting, you will have very, very fast results. I put on close to 25 lbs my first 3 months, its been much slower after that

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

open offer to lift with PreemO?!?!

You better jump on that shit bro, he knows what he is doing.

Also, thank you for saying you wanted to work your legs.

17. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

hah i'd love to except im not very close to berkley :/

and DCyamaha , your weight didnt go up at all? hmm, well im looking for it to go up hah, but yeah if you were cutting thats probably why. I'll look for some more routines and stuff.

and why is GNC stuff bad? besides that it is overpriced?

18. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

most weight gainers are just loaded up with sugars and starchy carbs. Your best bet is to start with either a basic whey protein, or a good MRP like Mass Meal, and then add things to it for more calories. One of the best things for this is peanut butter. Peanut butter is almost 100calories per tablespoon, and contains protein and lots of healthy fats. For carbs, try adding in some oats.

something like 12oz skim milk, 2 scoops mass meal or whey, 3 tablespoons peanut butter, 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 banana.

or whatever, make up your own and adjust the ingredients for taste and total calories.

19. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

^ alright, sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.