newb wanting to show off Car

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Dragnfyre23, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Dragnfyre23

Dragnfyre23 New Member

Just wanted to show off my current project, restoring and rebuilding this 69 Pontiac Firebird, 350 CI and 3 speed auto
    [​IMG]

Love to here from other firstgen Camaro and Firebird guys

I have a ton more pics and should take new ones now that the drivetrain is back in.

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

After lots of work, that will be one helluva ride. I was so close to picking up a 69 Firebird, but turned it down. :(

3. 02SS

02SS New Member

do you plan to fully restore it?

4. Gai

Gai New Member

Cool.

5. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

nice, what are the specific plans for it? stock resto, or some mods?

6. Dragnfyre23

Dragnfyre23 New Member

Some details,

I bought this car in November of 03 (that pic is from January or so)

Between Nov and Feb I cleaned it up. The interior had house carpeting, documented problems, began locating parts. Some things were fixed such as the windows which barely moved, cleaned all the parts in the trunk, mostly trim pieces, and did general maintence, oil change and such.

The Tranny seems to shift smoothly but since I have it out of the car I will take off the pan and replace all fluid. The engine ran but not well, but we figured out there was a large gash in the fuel lines under the car. The radiator was junk, barely worked and leaked coolant everywhere. I took off the subframe, grinded the rust off and painted it. I installed new floor pans in March.

I tore the engine apart, cleaned everything and put it back together. The sludge at the bottom on my oil pan was horrendous.

Plans are to bolt everything back up, get the car running right and then modify it slowly. I still need to do the interior and fix some spots in the body as well as get the car painted.

I want Hotchkis front and rear suspension, an eldebrock 4 bbl to replace my rochester 2bbl, new intake, Maybe a switch to rack and pinion steering with the help of steeroids, and convert the front brakes and possibly all 4 to discs.

7. rumpy

rumpy I am of two minds...literally OT Supporter

Nice... if you have your interior out you might want to think about replacing the entire wiring system. I did hte whole thing on my camaro and I 'm glad I did. There is nothing more annoying than trying to track down a short or a loose connection on a wiring system that is 35 years old. I did mine for about $500