Newb questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Reznik, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Reznik

Reznik New Member

Hi,
    I've never really taken interest in cell phones. I had one since last two years but now I want to change plans and phone. I had Sprint and signed a one year contract with them for the phone and I still have it now after two years lol.

I am looking at the T637, its pretty good for the price. Some questions now:

1. Do I have to pay extra for wireless internet access with Cingular?
    2. I am planning to purchase it from Cingular.com online, they have it for free right now... but only with a 2 yr. contract. Is a 2 yr. contract standard now? What happens if I want to discontinue Cingular for whatever reason... what do I have to pay?

Thanks

EDIT: I am prolly gonna take a 450 Nation Rollover

2. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

1. yes you have to pay extra for internet access which IMO is useless.
    2. Yeah, do a 2 year contract. You get things for cheaper. Yes, if you want to cancel the plan you have to pay a termination fee. For Verizon it's $175.

3. Reznik

Reznik New Member

I was wondering about the point of internet access too, thanks.

And is there any other place I can get a better deal? Sometimes Amazon has rebates that pay you to go with a certain plan.

4. imhipyournot

imhipyournot LPC id: 34280

with cingular i have a media works package that us 19.99 extra a month i believe. its unlimited internet, 1500 text messages, and like 100 multimedia messages(not sure on those i dont use them). its a good deal fore me bc i use my gprs connection a lot.

5. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

Do the Verizon thing online dude... screw Cingular.. lol
    Verizon has the best covrage and customer service... lol you can call them up and bitch that they dropped your calls and they will credit your account with free minutes :naughty:

If you order Verizon service online for a 2 year contract you get awesome phones for cheap.

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

I use the Internet Access too. I have a couple of people that I always want to know immediately if they E-Mail me, so I have my mail filters set to send an alert to my phone via Text Message that lets me know one of the VIP's e-mailed me. I can then use the phone to connect to my web-based mail, where I can read (and reply to) their entire message without having to get to a computer or bother carrying my laptop or PocketPC with me at all times.

7. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

internet access on the phones = sports, news, movie times, email, ebay, games and a bunch of other crap. Ask for a month free and the sales person will probably hook you up, try it and see you like it. You might actually find it useful.

8. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................