A&P Newb help: Getting Fiance Canon XTI for Christmas

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by halflife78, Nov 13, 2006.

1. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Hey guys, I am going to get the fiance an XTI for Christmas as she is a photography person plus it will last us quite awhile. My issue here is I have no idea about this stuff so I don't know what the hell to get. I was looking on Ebay at the package deals like below;

http://search.stores.ebay.com/ShopSunshine_xti_W0QQfciZ5QQfclZ3QQfsnZShopSunshineQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsubZ6QQftsZ2QQsaselZ60997520QQsofpZ0

Are any of these deals any good? If not can someone point me in the right direction as to what all I would need to get please. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am completely new to this stuff and I have managed to sneak out of her she loves Canon but if I push it she will realize I am sneaking for a gift.

2. Blair

Blair New Member

just stay away from those ebay packages. buy the body somewhere and then get her a good lens that im sure some of the canon crew will recommend.

a decent shop should give you a nice little case if you buy a body and lens from them. just please stay away from ebay camera shiz.

3. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Ok...I can handle that. So I need the body and a good lens then. Can someone give me a good place to get the body and lens then please that is decently priced.

4. Blair

Blair New Member

my roommate has good luck with www.beachcamera.com and has not been able to find anyone that can beat their prices.

5. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

i got my XT from beachcamera and I had no problems what so ever. Good price too, it was like 645 for the black body w/ kit lens

6. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

I checked their site and they only have the XTi in the silver body from what I saw.:wtc:

7. mojito

mojito New Member

8. Blair

Blair New Member

good point on the costco, i forgot about them.

9. Blair

Blair New Member

to the costco note, you would almost be further ahead just going with the kit lens and saving money on both.

linky:
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11171364&search=canon%20xti&Sp=S&Mo=1&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=0&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=canon%20xti&Ntt=canon%20xti&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

10. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

11. mojito

mojito New Member

12. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

selling with kit lens not body and what the reference is for? :ugh:

13. mojito

mojito New Member

you're outside the yardsale, so we can comment on price etc.

theres better deals than you paid, and it won't have any issues of being used, or dealing with a potential scam. $12 is worth any headaches. and while its probably just a concidence, photography equipment and brooklyn are exactly good bed mates. brooklyn camera dealers have scammed more photographers than all the nigerians out there.

14. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

I understand what you're trying to say. if i can return this to buydig.com, i've would have done so and not bother trying to sell it. i paid about 850 including the 2gb cf and i am aware of the scamming situation around brooklyn but its not my fault that they havent done their research before buying. i live here for over 10 years and it is a coincidence from where i live and the bad reps on camera equipments. i didnt even know that till i looked in to buying the xti. whether this proves me that i am not a scammer or what, photography is one of my favorite hobbies, my first camera is olympus mju 100, powershot s200, cybershot p10, canon s3 and recently xti. unfortunately i dont have time for my first dslr because im taking up 18 credits in school. im not telling anybody that they should buy it from me, if they dont i'll go somewhere else.
    [​IMG]

15. mojito

mojito New Member

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 Lens (Silver) + 1GB CF Card $653.98

The EOS Digital Rebel XT SLR Camera from Canon packs an array of impressive features and definitive control in a convenient, easy-to-use design. It incorporates a high-resolution CMOS sensor that delivers fine image accuracy with an effective 8.0 MP resolution. Equipped with a Canon 18-55 mm lens, the camera captures true to life images. The sensor is driven by a DIGIC II imaging processor that ensures natural colors, accurate white balance and speedy write times, letting you focus on taking pictures. With the 7-point Wide-Area AF System and superimposed focusing points, the Digital Rebel XT allows speedy and accurate focusing, for memorable shots in any situation. You can even use predictive AF to ensure that moving subjects stay focused while you compose your shot. With fast 3 frames-per-second shooting capability you’ll be able to capture split second action sequences. Connect your EOS Digital Rebel XT camera to your computer with a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection for fast, hassle-free image uploads. With intuitive simplicity and powerful performance, the EOS Digital Rebel XT SLR Camera offers style and performance to thrill your senses!
    Click here to go to product page of 8MP Digital Camera @ Newegg.com
    Click on icon to add this 8MP Digital Camera and 1GB CF Card to your shopping cart for $648.99 + $20.99
    During checkout, you will get $20.99 Instant Discount when you add both the above mentioned items to your shopping cart
    Shipping cost on this item is $4.99
    Your Final Price: $648.99 + $20.99 - $20.99 + $4.99 = $653.98 Shipped

www.ilikecheepstuff.com