Newb help: Bulking

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by CPTLA885, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Yes, I am a newb here.

I have had serious stomach problems recently, lost about 40 pounds. I am 5'10" and my normal weight is around 160-165. Currently I'm sitting at around 130, medical issues resolved, ready to regain.

I will never have massive arms, etc, this would go against my genetic makeup. I am naturally lanky. Also keep in mind I have never really been to a gym in my life.

My goal is to regain 35-45 pounds of healthy weight. Right now I am not too lean, I do have a little fat on me (lack of exercise, etc). My goal is to gain the weight back, keep my body fat percentage to an absolute minimum. Brad Pitt for example, he isn't a bulky guy, but he is lean and cut.

I have been eating about 5 meals per day, about 3 hours in between each meal. Over time I will increase my calorie intake for each meal. Is this the best/fastest way to regain?

I have read the archives also. A good portion of my diet consists of oatmeal (100% rolled oats), tuna, bananas, etc. I have also ordered some whey protein. I do occasionally have pizza, etc, other fatty foods. Should I cut these completley? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to start up at a gym, problem being, I don't know how to do shit because I haven't done it before. I am going to start massive cardio, but I'm not sure how to go about learning lifting techniques etc, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

2. Durk

Durk New Member

:hsugh:

3. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

I've met the guy. He's pretty skinny.

Sure, I'd gain weight, but wouldn't accomplish my goal. Thanks.

4. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

1. It is in your genetics to get jacked. You just have to work for it.
    2. Healthy weight being lean body mass? Thats a significant amount of muscle you want to put on.
    3. I wouldn't ever repeat this in F&N.
    4. You weigh 130 pounds! You are scrawny, and built more like a woman than a man. Quit worrying about how many meals a day you are eating - just eat and eat and eat.
    5. Absolutely not. Keep an eye on how much of them you eat, but putting on weight is about calories, and once you have your protein, the rest is just keeping fats reasonable and getting your cals.
    6. Massive cardio? Are you trying to lose weight or gain it? You need to do some more reading so you can understand the simple concept that lifting and eating hard is how to gain, cutting fats and massive cardio is how to lose.

5. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

eat as much as you can, lift as heavy as you can

/thread

6. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry.

I have no problem gaining that weight back, my body is ready to do it. The only thing holding me back was a medical issue.

So I can sit down, eat anything and everything (in moderation), and get back to the way I was before, not in great shape, but looking decent.

I guess I am wondering if I start now, eating the right things, lifting, etc, I can get to where I want to be 40-50 pounds from now, as opposed to the way I was before. If I start now and work my way up, I won't have to worry about hitting 160, 170, and then having to drop my body fat.

Being that I didn't really lift before, I think I may see a difference if I start doing it this time. I'll grab a friend and hit up a local gym. Thanks.

7. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

youve met brad pitt huh :rofl:

8. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

eating big + lifting big = getting big

that's the only equation you need to remember.

9. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

I am Brad Pitt :squint:

10. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Good one faggot. :coolugh:

11. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Why does every approbate eating like shit? Why not bulk cleanly?

12. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

:dunno:

because everyone wants faster results and bulking clean takes a lengthier amount of time?

13. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

:ugh:

gtfo out of f&n

go to the asylum or something

14. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Yet you are the one trolling? Your witty remarks are both unappreciated and unwelcomed. Get the fuck out of my thread. I post a serious topic, and you are sidetracking. Go post in OT, that's what the forum there is for.

15. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

you think im being witty?

i'm not. you suck. get out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.