New ZO6

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 6SpeedTA95, Oct 9, 2003.

1. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

Guys they talked about the new ZO6 in my Motor Trend magazine. The GEN IV small block will feature 3 valves per cylinder and will be between 6 and 6.3 Liters. It will easily capable of 7L. The ZO6 will get 500 horsepower at 7000rpm and a redline of 8000 rpm....who needs vtech? I just hope the car looks good and hits its target weight of less than 3100lbs. The vette will have its first real chance at dethrowning the viper since the ZR1. We'll see how it all works out.

2. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

I had heard GM would be building a vette targeted at taking down the Viper... last I heard it wasn't going to wear the Z06 badge though - interesting. GM has the potential and the funding, should be an intersting battle if it comes to pass, I don't think Dodge is going to give up the throne easily.

3. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

Im not gona believe anything till I see it from GM. I still don't know if GM will do another multi valve headed Vette. But it will be interesting

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I just hope the new vettes arent too close to their cousin the XLR.... I just saw one the other day on the road and although they're nice, I wouldn't want to live with one.... a bit too angular for my tastes.

Its like they started with a rectangle of clay and just got lazy when carving the skin of the car out...

5. jeff2577

jeff2577 OT OG

6. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

I like the XLR I think they look great...as for the vette obviously no one knows for sure what they're gonna do but they're about a year away now so things are probably getting fairly accurate. At least I hope...500hp = awesome.

7. hoax

hoax Guest

I think the whole Z06 badging is a mistake. To fit in with the rest of the Chevrolet line the top of the line Corvette should be an SS. Otherwise, a kick ass car.

8. uflathead

uflathead Guest

I don't think there's ever been a SS Corvette so why would they start now?

9. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Why should GM remain a slave to their past?

10. 67olds442

67olds442 uhhhh

I'm postive there has been an SS corvette..but believe it was a concept/race car.

and to me ZO6 Corvette just sounds better then Corvette SS....

11. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

I dont think GM will use the same factory code for a high performance Vette two generations in a row.

And a SS Corvette just dosent seem right.... SS makes me think of Muscle cars... even though GM seeems to be going with SS everything now.

12. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

There was an experimental race car 1957 Corvette SS. It was a one-off that never saw production.

"Stingray" would be my choice however, the "SS" moniker was far more dominant in the Chevy muscle cars, which the Corvette has never been.