GUN New York crew - question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copperhead035, Dec 30, 2008.

1. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

I've got some family that lives in NYC, and while they were here in the free state of Ohio they were talking about how muggings are on the rise out there, so they decided to get some self defense stuff while they were here. For whatever reason, they picked up some cheap (crappy) auto knives, and some pepper spray.

I've been trying to figure out the laws out there, and none of it seems to be making sense. In order to carry a gun, it has to have something to do with their business, and can't be carried for any other reason? Also, what are the laws on less than lethal defense? The tasers and stun guns (and even pepper spray) on Gunbroker all say they won't ship to NY.

Basically, is there any legal way for them to defend themselves, or should I just hand out some featherweight revolvers and tell them not to get caught?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In NYC I think carrying just about any type of self defense weapon is illegal, tasers and stun guns are prohibited in the city. OC spray should be ok but yeah alot of places wont ship shit to NY.

Getting a CCW in NYC is impossible unless you got connections, business/premise can be gotten but still alot of hoops to jump through and I think filing the paperwork in the 5 boros runs $4-500.

Carry permits availability varies greatly by county, NYC is one of the ones thats extremely difficult along with any other downstate county, some upstate ones are practically shall issue, and NYC doesn't recognize permits from other county's in the state :ugh:

3. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

What a clusterfuck

makes me want to go to the gun store and walk out 10 minutes later with a gun, all while packing my XD SC, just because I can. Those laws make me sick

4. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Good gosh, and they wonder why crime is so rampant.

5. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

auto knives are no good and the pepper spray has to be, i believe 2% OC