new years with the gf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Project X, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Project X

Project X New Member

im goin to ny with my gf and some of her friends for new years and i wanted to know what to look out for while in ny. i havent been before and wanted to know some nice places to check out. also, should i get her a present or something for new years? this is our second new years together.

thanks

2. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

First of all, i think that going anywhere with the one you love is a gift enough. especially if it's somewhere like ny. I think the absolute most romantic place in the whole city is the top of the empire state building.

3. Project X

Project X New Member

we just got back yesterday night from our trip to orlando for to celebrate our 1 year anniversary... should i get her something small?

4. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

if you go to times square for the ball drop watch out for drunks peeing on people in the crowd and wrap a rubber band around your wallet.

5. Project X

Project X New Member

new year isnt really a gift givin holiday?? i gave her a present for her bday late november and a present for our 1 year a few days ago.. i dont celebrate xmas so im not gettin her anything.. should i give her something on new years?

6. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I wouldn't give her anything. The trip is enough.

7. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I disagree on the gift giving. If you buy her something, it will always remind her of the trip.

However, I wouldn't buy her something before hand. I would wait until something presents itself, jumps out at you and says "that's it!" It will be a special bonding moment for you.

As for what to do in NYC? There are always the classic, kitzy things like the walk along 5th avenue to see the christmas displays, skating at Rockefeller center, skating in Central Park, catching what is new at the Met, getting rush tickets for a Broadway Show or at the OTHER Met (Metropolitan Opera House). Don't overlook the off or off-off Broadway shows either, they're just as good and probably less expensive and more edgy. In fact, hop down to the Village and see Blue Man Group where it started. It's in a 100 seat theatre and it can't compare to what they are doing these days in Vegas and on the Stadium tour. Definitely worth every penny. I laughed my ass off.

Oh, oh!!! I just remembered, something inexpensive and entirely classy. Call the Met (The Metropolitan Museum of Art) and find out when they are having their Jazz happy hour. They have a trio set up in one of the galleries and you can get tapas and wine while you sit and enjoy the music. With the hall, the acoustics are just amazing!

Another place for drinks is the Algonquin. Talk about history...http://www.algonquinhotel.com/AboutUs/round_table.htm

If you're thinking about doing NYC on the cheap, stop by and see what's for take out at Zabar's. And then there is the market at Grand Central Station. Oh, the speciality oil shop they have there is magnificent.

And then just walk. Who knows what you will find? Heck, you may not have any choice with the transit strike.

Lastly, pick up a NFT guide. That's Not For Tourists to get the inside scoop.

Have a GREAT time! And if you go to Times Square for NYC, make sure you both have keys!

8. Project X

Project X New Member

in order to see the ball drop at times square how early should one get there by?

9. Sionell89

10. Sionell89

Not that you can get one now, but you could always see if you can get a hotel room on Times square with a view

11. low20

low20 Member

nye in nyc is sooo not worth it imo. but it can be fun..it involves a hell of a lot of standing around and freezing ur ass off, and u kinda waste ur night just waiting, when you could be at a party, in the warmth, with your friends, watching it on tv, cuz its not worth all that standing for 10 seconds worth of flashing lights. thats just me...ive done it and i wouldnt go again...you do meet some cool people and can make it fun that way, but its a long wait and you dont have many options as far as hings to do, and places to go (especially bathrooms)...