New Wheels... 18" Racing Hart Tracers... [56k Beware]

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 300zx, Jan 21, 2007.

1. 300zx

300zx Guest

Thought I'd share this here... This has truly been one of the most... enduring experiences of my life. The amount of troubles and stress I had to go through to get where I am today is incredible. I'm not going to drown the mood in this thread though, if you want to read about the ordeal I made a Journal about it on my site (Journal is my new website idea that I happen to have just finished, check it out!)

Read about how it all started...

-------------------------------------

This morning I went to a local tire shop and got them mounted. One last thing that was leaving me worried were the offsets, but they were perfect. The wheels go out just right to the fenders. I spent the whole afternoon washing the Z, then drove out to the country side and took some pics.

Just a Disclaimer for all you professional photographer people, everything was taken with a Nikon D50 and I only had the camera for a few months with occasional usage... so excuse my n00bish photography so to speak.

Wheel repair people polished the entire insides of the wheels:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18x8.5" Front with 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport
    18x10" Rear with 285/30/18 Michelin Pilot Sport

Thanks for lookin!

2. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

Looks really good. Do you plan on lowering it?

3. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

nice pics man

that camera is sweet :)

4. 300zx

300zx Guest

Thanks :) I got some eibach .8" lowering springs stashed under my bed right now, just waiting on some shocks

5. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

the drop will do wonders. congrats on the wheels. looks good. i see you spared no expense on those tires.

6. the camera makes the photo.

In my opinion, I don't think the wheels flow very well with the car and it looks as though you easily have $6,000 wrapped up in wheels & tires.

I'd rather have some Rota's - and some Falkens. Throw the other $5k into suspension / power upgrades.

7. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

Really nice pics! :coold:

8. 300zx

300zx Guest

You could have the best camera in the world but if you lack a good eye and composition, your photos will come out crap. Some pros even use point and shoots sometimes but their pictures still turn out good, because they know composition.

Not going to say the actual price, but I definitely did pay a lot for these... the only reason I did is because there's just no other wheel that looks as good on this car, or that I like :hsd:

Hmm, I'm not going to comment on the rotas........... but Falkens do make good tires. I was originally going to go with the 452's from Falkens but decided to just step it up at the end and go with the Pilot Sports

9. sirthumpsalot

sirthumpsalot Down for the count

A drop will set it off nicely.