New Website Design, Feedback Required

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Snakeage, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Snakeage

Snakeage New Member

Here is my latest website design, http://www.airsofthaven.co.uk

I am wondering what people think of my design. I think it looks a little bland and could do with a little more colour, or do you think it looks ok as it is?

Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated.

2. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

It looks cramped, I think it needs to have some more spacing/padding in between the various panels.

The Daily Visitors thing isn't something that is going to interest anyone greatly so much, so removing that column, and just adding it to the footer will give a bit more space for the other columns, and let you ramp the font size up slightly. Alternatively you could make the daily visitors just show the last 7 days or so and have that in the far left column with the other stats.

Then the other thing is the colour. The hardest thing in the world is finding a good colour scheme. Blue is a good safe bet but I'm not sure if I like that blue. Either that or it could be the black on the blue, instead of using #000 black what about using a dark grey like #333.

Otherwise the layout is good.

Sourcecode-wise, once you're done with the styling, move all the CSS styles into an external stylesheet to cut down the size of the page, which will ease the bandwidth load on your server and also make it download faster for your users.

3. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

I see you already remarked about your colour scheme.

Maybe play around with some colour scheme generators (google them) to come up with some aesthetic colour combinations, so that the monochromatic look won't seem as bland.

Colour is bloody hard to deal with though, that's why most people stick with the same old colour schemes and stick with safe monochromatic ones.