NEW VW GTI (MKVI) *PICS* :drool:

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by onyourchin, Sep 30, 2008.

1. onyourchin

onyourchin OT Supporter

Following the leaked images from earlier today, VW has released 16 fresh images and first details of the GTI Concept which debuts next week in Paris. Building on what was previous stated, the GTI Concept receives Adaptive Chassis Control (ACC). The ACC aids the already stiffened sport suspension with electronically controlled pneumatic dampeners which have three ride level settings ranging from ‘comfort’ to ‘normal’ and ‘sport’. Depending on the ACC setting and driving conditions, the ACC system also remaps the steering and throttle response for enhanced body control. Also, the new GTI concept features for the first time an electronic limited slip differential (XDS) which is linked to ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme).

The GTI concept is powered by the 2.0-litre four cylinder TSI engine currently seen in the Scirocco producing 210 PS (207hp) – 10 PS more than the Mk V GTI. Despite the increase in power the new engine is still more efficient with 37.6 mpg (combined cycle) while emitting 178 g/km of CO2 compared to 189 g/km for the Mk V GTI. 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) takes 7.2 seconds before reaching a top speed of 148 mph making it the fastest standard production GTI yet.

Finished in typical GTI interior traits, it receives a flat-bottomed lack leather steering wheel finished with red stitching and the sports seats sport the traditional grey tartan cloth reminiscent of the Mk I and Mk V models.

The Golf GTI starts production in spring 2009.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

reposted from european imports, hope the guy doesnt mind

your thoughts?

2. deaddweeb

deaddweeb Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER! OT Supporter

I like, but not feeling the seats so much

3. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

me likey

4. ashzero

ashzero Active Member

:wtc:Damn what is it with me and chicks? I always tend to treat them like complete shit and they end up fucking my buddies. This is the second time this has happened. I just dont give a fuck. She made her moves on me and I was just like gtfo you stupid bitch I'm not in the mood. She's like 35 and has 1 kid. Her and I got into this long argument about life tonight. She told me to quit smoking because I was coughing all night (ive been sick as FUCK for the past 1.4 weeks)So she took my cigarettes and crumbled them. Brand new pack, like 4 deep. She said "I CARE ABOUT YOU, YOU'RE MY FRIEND AND MY NEIGHBOR". I replied, you're my neighbor, not my friend, I don't even know you. Who the fuck are you to me? This pissed her off and she pushed me out of my chair, fucked my finger up, I was fucking pissed. This old looking stupid cunt. I told her if she didnt supposedly have a vagina that I wouldnt hesitate to curb stomp her. so I got up and just pushed her ass to the ground. she was like "oh im so sorry!!!!!" not 10 minutes later she's rambling about the same stupid shit. QUIT SMOKING YOU STUPID FUCK. YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID. WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING STUPID? at this point she was right in my face, not an inch away. I said "I dunno, bad genetics?" This really pissed her off. BAD GENETICS? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DUMB? YOU'RE A DUMBASS.. then she started hugging me.. then she kissed me, but i didnt kiss back. stupid cunt.

UPDATE: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I was interrupted while writing this, my buddy showed up with some beer. we were out front drinking, my roommy comes up to us "anyone got a condom" he says" I hand him one and he runs back inside her house, slamming the door. She's got these halloween decorations, one on her door, when you close it a fucking witch starts screaming. The funniest thing I've ever fucking seen in my life. My buddy running into a house, condom in hand, slamming the door with some cheesy 80s witch soundclip playing as he slammed the door. Christ. Some time passed. (maybe 15 minutes?)he comes out with his shirt off fucking PISSED. I asked what happened and offer him a beer, he's like :naughty::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::gredd y: "I couldnt get it up" he says. we joke for a minute but fuck this is our dude, we're like "yeah happens to us all" etc. The bitch comes out, tries to start some drama, at this point I'd really had enough of her shit so I signal my dudes to go inside, as we're walking in she yells "sorry about your little limp dick, nick!!!" oh fuck I think I had a mild heart attack :rofl:'ing. So right now the three of us are outback by the fire pit ( which she kicked over while comming back for her cigarettes, how juvenile.) contemplating the night and laughing about it. Good times.

5. onyourchin

onyourchin OT Supporter

same here

i think the interior would look phenomenal with leather. it looks like a 40k car, not a 24k car

6. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

fwd, slow, boring, heavy

7. FritoBandito

FritoBandito Gol Meember OT Supporter

I really wish that car was more reliable and faster because I really like it. Oh and it needs to be AWD too.

8. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Sadly thats probably what VW will probably sell if for:hs: thus stopping me from ever buying one:hsd:

9. SCIronMike

SCIronMike OT Health Guru

If they make a R32 version, I'll be in line.

10. SOURHEART

SOURHEART .......

that interior is sick.. very nice looking

11. Jurrell

Jurrell MINI & Nikon crew

The car looks hot. It'd be perfect if VW didn't make it. :sad2:

12. onyourchin

onyourchin OT Supporter

the adaptive suspension and the lsd make me :hyper:

cant wait for reviews

it's supposed to be officially unveiled at the Paris Motor Show this weekend

13. iNteGraz92

iNteGraz92 trolling apple sackriders is just too damn easy

much better than the current one

14. sting

sting OT Supporter

wtf flannel seats

15. onyourchin

onyourchin OT Supporter

the Scirocco has a great interior too, i dont think the US is getting it though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Lucien

Lucien Guest

Love the interior and the exterior looks good.

Everything else about it just seems less than great, though. It can't really compete with anything in it's segment without first adding aftermarket mods.

17. some1

some1 Some Member OT Supporter

scirocco > gti :dunno:

18. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

fucking HOT

19. Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger New Member

I like the seats. its different.

20. onyourchin

onyourchin OT Supporter

what beats it other than Mazda3?

:dunno: i think it's a great package. sporty, entry-level luxurious, good gas mileage, practical, looks good, wont break bank

but that's just my opinion

21. naszero

naszero 幹! 是條子! 快跑! OT Supporter

coilpacks.

22. Lucien

Lucien Guest

This wont be priced in the Mazda 3's segment. It'll be more expensive, just like the current mkV Gti.

It's closer to the wrx/evo/speed3/cobaltSS and such, and aside from aesthetics, it can't compete unless it's modded vs. the other cars still being stock.

23. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

A year ago when I was looking for a new car and comparing it to the competition I saw that it's not the quickest, it's not the best handling, it doesn't have the best fuel economy, it doesn't have the most power, it doesn't have the most space, and it's not the cheapest.

Yet I still kept going back to the vw and bought a MKV. As a DD, it is however the most rounded car of the lot. Not the best at any one thing, but the jack of all trades.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  24. mangid

mangid OT Supporter

IBsomefaggotlowersitonstretchedtires

25. aznboi320

aznboi320 OT Supporter

i want that shift knob