New Video Card (x1650) won't connect to my TV, any help?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 3l_Chupacabra, Aug 29, 2007.

1. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

So, another tech problem to turn to OT for...

I have a crappy old TV with only a coaxial input plugged into an RF adapter, which was previously plugged into my XP SP2 computer with a Radeon 9200 via the S-video port.

I since upgraded to Vista Ultimate and a GeCube Radeon x1650. However now when I plug the s-video cable from the RF adapter into the video card, I can't enable a second monitor.

I tried opening the catalyst control center and forcing TV detection, which made a TV show up in the "not connected" box, but it won't let me drag it to display 2 or even right click it and get a menu.

The only thing I get when I plug it in is under the device manager there is my monitor "Generic PnP Monitor" and then another device "Generic non-PnP Monitor" which I assume is the TV. If I tell it to find drivers for it nothing happens, and I never had to get drivers before.

So, is anyone able to help me out? Without the two hooked up I can't play DVDs or anything on my TV, and it's kind of sucking. Thanks.

2. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

3. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

an ati with driver problems???? unpossible!!!!1!11!one

5. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

Well, worked just fine on XP, but I'm guessing there's no fix for it Vista style? =\