New V551 on Cingular from Merger.... No coverage

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by EvasionOfTruth, Mar 21, 2005.

1. So I got a new Moto V551 today since Suncom and Cingular merged... Well I get home and have no coverage so I can't setup my voicemail. All calls get a message saying the voice mail isn't setup. Funny thing is I had coverage at home when it was SunCom. So is the all over motto complete BS like I thought it was?? Good thing I have a land line now and don't rely on a cell for everything anymore.

2. Dustin87

Dustin87 The Bitchy Boi

I would call em and tell em.

3. Well after I entered all of my numbers I figured I'd cut it off just to see. When I powered it back up I suddenly have signal in the house, go figure right. Not sure what the issue was but it's working fine now.

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

It's a good idea to power cycle your phone periodically regardless of whether or not everything seems to be fine.

...and it's an especially good idea to do it if the phone isn't working. :)

I have to restart my V551 occasionally when the bluetooth decides not to play well with others (can't connect to it from my computer).

5. bob-dc2

bob-dc2 Expanse

besides that, how do you like your phone?

I like the feel and features of it, but I read some reviews on amazon how it doesnt hold a great charge. which is fine with me, just want to make sure its a decent phone.

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

other than the charging thing (leave bluetooth turned off when you don't need it and that will help), i like the phone.

7. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

powercycle your phone once a day, even if its just long enough to turn the phone off completely and then back on. Resets the software and when turned back on the SIM checks for the latest network profile.

It is possible to fall off network (i.e. your signal problem). That is greatly reduced by powercycling the phone once a day. Will also help with the "No Bluetooth Module Attatched" error (which I finally got for the 1st time on my RAZR today :down: )

Also, check your antenna once a week, I can't tell you how many people come in looking for an antenna a week after they bought it. And don't try to be smart and superglue it :luke:

8. My issue is still going on, I've had to restart it 2 or 3 times a day just to see what calls I missed. Cingular thinks the phone is screwed up so they are sending me a new one since the local stores are out of them.

Buster