MMA New UFC game in the works

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RMarks, Jan 6, 2007.

1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

stolen from: http://gaming.monstersandcritics.com/xbox360/news/article_1239509.php/New_UFC_video_game_on_its_way

Today, a member of the MMA.tv forums who goes by the name "Kneeblock" posted a request directed at UFC's Dana White. This forum member asked Mr. White for a new UFC game. He also had some advice as to what the game should include, and we couldn't agree more!

"Fire the previous game developers who seem to think making the same game 4 times with just a few fighters added is improving on the game and bring in someone like THQ, EA or (dare I say it?) RockStar and make a next gen UFC game that includes a deep create-a-fighter (like in the PrideFC game), a TUF Career mode which includes special challenges and guest coaches that will help develop certain attributes and a more complex interface that allows the player to grapple and strike."

Much to everyone's surprise, Dana White, a long time member of the MMA.tv forums, actually responded with the following statement, "The new game is being done by THQ and will be the best fight game ever made! We are excited about it."

So there you have it folks. Confirmed by the boss himself. No mention was made as to what console the game would be released on but it is safe to assume that it will come to both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

The actual forum thread is HERE.

2. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

They better use a good engine.

3. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I'd be thrilled if it looked anything like Fight Night 3.

4. Pommy

Pommy Pose. Click. Fashion

i just wet my panties reading that

5. tenmeikanoh

tenmeikanoh New Member

I hope it ends up being cool, although I would never have time for it.

I can't say I put much stock in Dana calling his game "the best".

6. damiand

damiand Proceed

I been looking for the Pride FC game in Canada for over a year and can't fucking find a copy. Closest I can find it at is Bellingham.

7. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i really wonder how they are going to work out a good grapling interface for the game

8. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

mma games suck. thats just part of life

9. damiand

damiand Proceed

every sport game sucked till the right company came along and made the right game... tony hawk, madden, ssx, so on so forth.

10. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

i found it for 8 bucks in good condition :cool:

11. Two toys

Two toys New Member

yeah its just not possible IMO to make the ground fighting/grappling part work without slowing it down... i just dont see how you can say "slide arm under leg and back grab wrist hook leg etc... unless its really dumbed down versions"... even covering the angles on it would be hard for a camera view.

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

super techmo bowl is the only decent sport game ever made

13. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

:bowdown:

madden is good too :o

14. damiand

damiand Proceed

Fair enough, but no-one imagine how well you could translate boxing onto a console with the controls ea created for FIght Night, I mean it really is an amazing control scheme. I'm sure a similar system could be put in place to grapple in MMA.

15. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

IGN has an official announcement :coold:

16. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Bastard, making me go look for it. Cut and Paste:

January 15, 2007 - The higher ups at THQ have informed IGN that it will announce a brand new licensing deal tomorrow (January 16) that grants the Agoura Hills-based publisher the rights to release videogames based on Zuffa LLC's Ultimate Fighting Championship. This agreement will last through the end of 2011 and applies to PC, handheld and console platforms. The rights also incorporate online, multiplayer and downloadable capabilities.

"Ultimate Fighting Championship and THQ represent the perfect marriage of rich content and proven development capabilities," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president of worldwide publishing, THQ. "The UFC brand has seen tremendous growth in recent years with wild popularity among the core gaming demographic. This relationship serves as an extraordinary addition to THQ's world-class license portfolio as we continue to expand our competitive sports offering."

"Interactive is a critical opportunity for us to expand the Ultimate Fighting Championship brand," said Dana White, UFC president. "Our goal for the UFC games is to give our growing, global fan base the opportunity to experience the most exciting live sporting event in the world -- the UFC. THQ's unparalleled development and pedigree in the fighting/action-sports genre, in addition to their leading position as a global publisher, makes them our best partner to deliver on this objective."

Few details about the UFC games were given as we went to press, but we do know that the products will include current and former stars and champions from throughout the franchise's history. The developer, release date, and specific systems are still a mystery.

For more on what this agreement means for THQ and the UFC, IGN Xbox's Douglass C. Perry spoke with THQ EVP Kelly Flock; the transcript of which can be found here.

17. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

18. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

As long as it has a create a character mode. I can make myself. Overweight and slow FTW

19. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

wow i can't wait. my 360 will be ready and waiting.

20. TZ

TZ Banned

:rofl: :bigthumb: