GUN new UBR

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hsracer201, Nov 5, 2008.

1. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

hey fellas, i know i'm not a daily regular around here, but i'm too busy with my job to jump on here all the time. i got my UBR today in the mail and installed in on my addax gas piston upper, PWS system. i'm digging it. :) it doesn't yank out my facial hairs like my CTR does, and it offers a pretty darn good cheek weld considering it is a collapsable stock. :bigthumb:

here is it, but the magnifier is not mine. another dude on another forum is letting me try it before i buy it. it ain't bad. my FDE p-mags from AIMsurplus should have been here yesterday but nothing yet. :hsugh:

[​IMG]

the UBR is pretty sweet, but i can't run my DD sling adapter with it for my gear sector single point sling. the UBR comes with it's own buffer tube and if you put the sling adapter in there it won't screw in enough to hold in the buffer retaining pin and spring. that is the ONLY thing i have against it at the moment. i hope to get it out this weekend and shoot some with it. as of now, i am thrilled! :hsd:

the directions included suck, but it didn't take too long to figure out how to install it. :) the only bad thing is you have to break the stock in two pieces, and if you don't hold in both of the correct parts at the same time it won't budge. LOL.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Looks sessy

(also good to know the ctr removes beards...I did not know that)

3. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

that is just me. i don't have a full beard, but i only shave about once a week and that CTR will frigging rip out that stubble every shot with me. :noes:

that is the ONLY reason i built this AR with a UBR instead of a CTR. btw, brownells has these on sale for $229 right now if you have your C&R. :bowdown:

i almost bought one last week on ebay last week for $350. :ugh:

4. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Hot rifle. I've always liked the look of the UBR...any significant weight difference between it and the CTR?

5. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

it is heavier, for sure. i don't have a scale so i don't know how much, but it IS heavier.

you can take the "storage" doors off if you want to lighten it a little.

6. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

very kool
    my black one will be in tomorrow

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Nice setup though I think it would be 10x more ill if it had a nice variable power scope (insert yar sack riding accupoint)

8. Initial E

Initial E New Member

hot

I prefer the UBR with the cover off though