MMA New twist to the tournament I'm going into v. neck cranks

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Placebo, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Word is the big tourney I'm going to in a week and a half allows neck cranks. Time to work on that aspect of my game I guess. Too little time to work on the twister. I think I'm just going to work on the crucifix and can opener. I hate this, but if it's allowed I would be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Chechen, brolli, etc... I would love to hear from you guys about this as far as advice about neck cranks if you guys have any.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

my advice is that theyre hard to pull off most of the time and probably wont make a big difference. how often do you see neck cranks in mma? almost never. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

I forget the name of it, but its where you go around the top of their head (like in a guillotine) but instead of going under their neck, you feed that arm under their armpit, reach back with your other hand for a gable grip and crank away.

You can get the crank from the guard, but the mount is much easier, fortunately that position makes for an easy sweep to mount.