new truck

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Pavester, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Pavester

Pavester New Member

Ill be getting a new truck soon. Im looking around for suggestions.

Im looking at the 84'-86' blazers, and jimmys.

1984 4x4 GMC Jimmy
    new 33" super swamper tires (traxxus)
    rebuilt GM Goodwrench 350
    rebuilt 350 HD transmission
    cold a/c power windows/locks
    descent interior (new seat covers)

[​IMG]

And also looking at 94-95 f series fords.

Any advice is welcome, truck would be used for mudding, driving back and forth to work and class. Pref 4x4 and v8

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

if you're gonna drive it back/forth from work/class I guess gas mileage means nothing to you?

3. Pavester

Pavester New Member

Its not that far back and forth.

4. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

personally i do not like buying a used (that old at least) vehicle that looks to have been off roaded and thrashed around. If you know what you're doing when looking @ vehicles then maybe it's a different story, but since you are asking questions on OT about what truck you should get then i assume you are not too familiar with the 4x4 world (complete assumptions, don't take it personally).

That said...I say the 350 blazers and jimmys are solid trucks that have tons of aftermarket lifts and whatnot. Personally I am not too familiar with the other half (F-series trucks of that era), but I do also know that the Broncos early 90's I think can be had for around the same price and you still get a 5.0l V8 and a burly truck.

IMO tho go for the Blazer as I tend to like the look better ;) and the Aftermarket caters to it a little more

Whatever you decide, go with a truck that looks and feels very solid (take it to a trusted shop to do a complete diagnosis of it if you don't know)...i.e tranny, engine, axles, t-case, etc., and then lift it and throw whatever rubber you want on it. I think you will be happier in the end w/o as many problems.