GUN New Toys!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by USMCsilver, Aug 30, 2005.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Traded out my pre-ban Oly for a LNIB Bushy post-ban lower and a brand new Magpul 93B. I also picked up a TD Battlegrip. Took some time to get the lower in b/c of FFL problems on the shipper's end, but I finally got it tonight.

The Magpul was kind of interesting to install, but after a few four-letter words, I have a complete rifle. Here's before and after pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bowdown:

2. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

hey man no offense, but I've got one of those OD magpuls and after seeing that pic I think I'm gonna sell it off, but to your defense it's a very solid stock.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

LOL, sell it off? Why? :ugh: Is it because the greens don't match?

I think I'll get a Magpul grip and some Magpul panels. I don't care for the look much myself.

4. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

I was gonna do an all OD rifle, but lately that taste has left a sour taste in my mouth. I think I just feel theres a reason they call it the black rifle. And honestly the magpul stock is very solid, but after trying out a LMT rifle I think that's what I'm gonna go with and leave it stock.
    Magpul does make some quality stuff, and you'll have a very nice rifle when you're done with it, but it's just not my cup of tea.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Fair enough. I've been though, probably, 10 ARs and the black has simply grown old. Guess OD is my new thing. I just built up an OD Cav Arms beater, and my next gun is in the works.

I have a Bushy lower coming in the mail ($145 shipped w/ LPK installed) that I already have parts for -- VLTOR OD Clubfoot, OD TD Battlegrip, and OD TD VFG. Got a spare bolt lying around, too. All I need is an upper and a bolt carrier, and I'll be good to go yet again.

Maybe after I finish that one, I'll do a tan and then call it quits. That one can be my SPR, I guess.

6. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Could you post your AR with a 30rd in it? Just once. So I can see. :x:

The 93B is an awesome stock, fiddly install asides.

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Kelly, is that a joke? Tired of seeing that big ole beautiful Beta, are you?