GUN New Toy

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Otsego Hive, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Otsego Hive

Otsego Hive Wait, what? We're being swapped?

Sig Pro 2340. Reviews were nice, great looking gun, price was good. Just waiting until I can break it in

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

YUCK. Sorry, but YUCK. Damn, I said it again.

Forgive me, but I have found the 2340 to be one of the worst handguns I have ever owned and I've been through many.

Think of the Sig Pro and Sig Sauer line like you would Volkswagen and Lamborghini. Both are essentially the same company, but one is a cheap piece of shit comared to the other.

If you have shot Sigs, real Sig Sauers, then you'll know what I am talking about. By the sounds of it, you've never shot one before and you bought this one on a whim because it was a decent price. Well, of course it was a decent price -- it ain't a true Sig and it doesn't have their quality and workmanship and it shows once the trigger is pulled.

Hell, you may love it and it may be the best thing you've ever owned. I could be completely wrong; for your sake, I sure as hell hope so. Give us a range report once you shoot it. Mine was fine at 5-7 yards. The further back I went, the more low and left it went. 25 yards and it was off the paper. Balance was sub-par and the trigger, blah, the trigger. Again, it could be better than sliced bread for you; only time will tell.

Good luck!

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to also deduct points for poor ergonomics and a non-functioning rail. Also, I want to appologize for sounding like I am bashing your purchase. Hopefully, this was bought on a whim and was not researched.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  3. Otsego Hive

all of the review's i've read were positive on the sig pro, and teh price was very good, so i went for it. Unfortunately i'm buried in final papers and other shit until next weekend sometime, so i have to wait to try it out

I'll definately repot back when i have the chance to fire a few through it

4. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

yeah the Sig pro line isn't the best guns made, but I think USMCsilver had a really bad experience with his. Overall I would rate them a little lower than Glocks performance wise, I got decent groupings out of a rental once, but yeah the trigger was horrible and I just couldn't get the gun comfortable in my hands. But the strong point of this gun seems to be that because of the low price they do hold their values, which isn't true of the higher line Sigs. But I'd suggest checking out a 226 or 220, I think most people are happier with old german police trade-ins then NIB Sig pros.
    But enjoy if for awhile since you've got it and tradeout for something a bit nice IMHO.

5. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

That's funny USMC.... My buddy told me he bought a Sig and I was excited for him cause he finally bought a gun. I went up to his house to check it out and he pulls out a Mauser. I started laughing at him....he was like "What? It is made by Sig"...That thing is a true POS.

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Sig Sauer is decent and shoot nice...reset is too long though

7. Otsego Hive

finally got to fire the damn thing after 2 weeks. I'm impressed. It felt good, fired even better. I was able to get great grouping with it. Trigger pull was nice. All around a great purchase