New toy headed my way

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jarg0n, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

2. 7960

7960 New Member

caution: scale on the pic is 1:1

congrats

3. shohan

shohan New Member

Great. I get mine and now every asshole on the block is going to run out and get one!!! :madfawk:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just kidding! Grats on the Triple. I love mine.

:wavey:

4. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

Hence the reason I didn't frame it here.

Hehe, is yours matte black though? If not, it might as well be a Yamaha.

5. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Is that fully stock trim?

6. shohan

shohan New Member

No, mine is jet black and far from a Yamaha. You should know that since you want to get one. :nono:

Not on mine. Flyscreen, exhaust grip pads, heel guards, and tail tidy are all aftermarket.

7. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Very nice. Don't forget the commemorative wheelie.

8. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

The flyscreen and bellypan are options. Other than that, it's the stock trim.

9. shohan

shohan New Member

Pretty sure the seat cowl, rear fender eliminator, rear turn signals, lower chain guard, heel guards, radiator cowls, and bar end mirrors are aftermarket as well. Looks nice though. Plan to grab a belly pan and maybe some bar end mirros myself.

10. ninor

ninor OT Supporter

How much? I so want a Speed or Street Triple... but I'll probably get 08 Ninja 250r for couple of months to practice on... it will be my first bike.

11. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

oops...forgot about some of those. Yeah, the seat cowl is an add-on, the rear fender eliminator is the "Mad Doctor" kit (don't know if I'll be keeping it though, as I've heard they're not water tight and the tail light isn't that bright), the bar ends are a triumph accessory. I think the heel and radiator cowls are a stock item though.

I have some 1.5" CRG bar-ends on my CB750. They work ok I guess. The nice thing about them is they're low profile. If I had it to do over, I'd probably get the larger ones though, so these triumph mirrors on the speed triple may work out fine. I might try tilting them down a bit in ordder to lower the profile a smidge.

I definitely wouldn't recommend getting a speed triple as your first bike. Also, if you want to go with a ninja, get an older one and then upgrade to a triple later. You'll might take more of a hit when you sell the 08.

Bike is supposed to be delivered TODAY. :hsd: :hsd: :hsd:

12. ninor

ninor OT Supporter

You didn't answer my question on how much you paid for the Speed Triple :o

I heard Ninja 250rs keep their value pretty good and the one I saw is used and is a pretty good deal... that is if there's nothing wrong with it (I'm calling the seller today).

13. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

I overpaid, but I got what I wanted. I paid $12.5, which is over MSRP and the bike even had 1000 miles on it. The reasons that I overpaid slightly were many, but I felt it justified and I had some money to burn anyway.

MSRP will cost you $11.3 at a dealer with NO adders, but you'll have to pay for extra BS that you shouldn't, including: several hundred for "shipping", several hundred for assembling + etc. + etc. If you go out and buy a new one from a dealer, you'll probably walk away with over $13k missing from your piggy bank. However, if you pay MSRP, they'll probably throw in some Triumph cash, which is basically free upgrades....probably to the tune of $500-$1k.

Matte black speed triples are hard to come by. I initially was going to go used to save a little cash and low-balled a guy for one in New Mexico a few months back, but that quickly fell through. I could have got a similar bike for $9.2k, but it switfly fell through my grasp, hehe. Plus, this bike was already murdered out with most of the options that I planned on doing to it anyway: 3-1 Arrow exhaust ($1k+ adder), seat cowl, belly pan, misc. parts powder coated black. I didn't really want the lowering kit, but thing is, he's throwing in ALL the original parts that came on the bike, including the original exhaust. So, IMO, I spent $12.5k for a $11.3k stock bike with $3500 in parts. Hehe, I dunno why I'm trying to justify this to myself. I just wanna ride, damnit!

I guess I forgot to update on the delivery. It got delivered safe and sound on Thursday night. The shipper told me that they were going to have a minimum of three people to unload it, but of course just one guy showed up. Oh well, I guess one gets what they pay for. At least it was delivered unscathed. I called my brother on the phone for a status update and one of his first responses was, "Man, someone murdered this thing out!"

14. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

that matt black looks good