New to the Mac Crew

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kid A, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

:hay: Hey Mac crew. Posting on my first and by the way things are going, certainly not my last Mac. After ages of considering it and thinking 'Shit, that's a lot of money to blow on a computer', I've gone and bought one.

Firstly, it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen :wiggle:Secondly, I'm spending most of my time doing this face : :ugh: As I struggle to find the things I want. haha.

Pretty simple set up:
    Intel iMac 20"
    1GB of RAM
    Wireless Keyboard and mouse. The rest is just standard UK spec.

Mouse is a bit gash, but everything else seems fine. I was tempted for a power mac, but the added cost of buying a screen put me off. If I get on well with this I'll upgrade next year maybe when the Power Macs (or whatever they'll be known as) switch to Intel.

:hsd: Expect some gay Mac-newb questions.

I'll check out the sticky for programs shortly. I'm transferring some MP3s at the moment, is there a simple way of doing it?! I'm putting them on my flash drive at the moment. Wish I had an iPod!

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

If they're on your pc, just netowrk the two machines and copy them that way.

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

you need a cross over cable if you don't have a router to connect them both. Wasn't sure if you know that...

And, welcome!!!

4. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist