LGBT new to the closet v. metro and q's

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Rob Jones, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

First of all i'm not a noob. 03 account deleted :wtc:

I'm about as metro as it gets but not gay.

I have a few questions :hs:

My hair used to be at me shoulders but it was all frizzy and I want to say guyish? Kinda messy and raggy looking.

My hair is kind of weird like one side it just randomly curls and its really dry feeling. Myspace pics for reference http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=4254565

I'm growing it back out and I was wondering what products are good and like what should I do to maintain a clean look to it?

I also want to try and keep it clean and not all raggy and guyish while i'm growing it out :o

I'll be back with more questions :sadwavey:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...sounds like a thread for FastCat

3. FastCat

FastCat New Member

MySpace says your link is invalid or you deleted your account. I really do not like giving hair advice if I can't see what you actually have :)

pics please :)

4. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

5. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

sorry, but: 404: metro not found

6. FastCat

FastCat New Member

Now I can get to the site but none of the pics are coming up... If i click where the pic SHOULD be... it takes me to the pics page.. but alas. no pic.. hmmm

7. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

i'm sorry are you me? :ugh2:

8. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

hair when it was a little longer

[​IMG]

crappy pic of it now

[​IMG]

9. Priest Tango

sorry your majesty

10. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

:hs:

11. sholnay

sholnay New Member

i know you're growing your hair out in this crazy shag fad thats been going on for a while - but you're better looking with shorter hair.

12. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

no actually i'm trying to keep as far away from the traditional "shag" average long guy hair sort of thing as possible. shooting for more like chick hair :o , you know clean? I don't know how to describe it :wtc:

13. Priest Tango

tapered and layered cut FTW with highlights

14. sholnay

sholnay New Member

long straight and clean? :hsugh:

15. sholnay

sholnay New Member

is it bad that I have no idea what that means?

16. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

:o not necessarily straight, but you know.

guywithlonghair.jpg

not like that you know? Why is this so difficult :wtc:

17. Priest Tango

its a good thing. cuz im just trying to fit into the metro crew. and all those words jumbled into a sentence sounds like good advice :o

18. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

that sounds :drool:

but i don't even understand it :wtc:

19. Priest Tango

well i know layered means that like the hair closest to your head is longer or shorter thatn the hair on the outside layers. kind of like a gradient of sorts. and im pretty sure tapered means a different length as you go around the circumfrence of your head. and highlights should be the obvious part. i just hate mass amounts of the same colored hair. even subtle highlights are cool, just something to break uop the field of BROWN or BLONDE, ETC

20. FastCat

FastCat New Member

Long hair is a bitch to maintain and make it look good.. more so on men. I know what you are describing.. kinda like Brad Pitt's hair in INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE. Long and slender looking; kind of feminine.

Now here is my advice.... Don't do it. With the way your hair line is, the shape of your face, nose, and eyebrows I would recommend a shorter hairstyle. The one in the pic that is not digitally so good doesn't look bad... with some layering, decent products, and minimal highlights (That are 1-2 shades lighter than your natural hair color)... you will look extremely fuckable :)

So that's my advice... Shag it out a little, but maintain it by keeping it cut every 4 weeks, using decent products (shampoo, conditioner, and styling product), and add a few natural looking highlights. On a side not I would also tell you to get your eyebrows defined by having them waxed.... Don't get them all thin or anything just "cleaned up" some :)

You may also want to invest in a good facial bar and wash your face with it at least twice a day, drink plenty of water (stop drinking a lot of caffiene and soda/pop)... This will clear up your complexion which will again make you much sexier :)

21. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

so what should i do until it gets to the length i want it at? I'm probably going to cut the back straight across until my bangs/rest of head catches up?
    What should i put it in to sort hold down the craziness i was talking about like the random curls and such?

22. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

thanks dude, yeah ive been working on the soda thing, drinking only juice/water and using cleansers daily on the face. Yes i was thinking the same about the brows. I'm still going to grow it out, I loved it when it was long but this time i want to take better care of it you know? I can always cut it again. What product do you reccomend?

23. sholnay

sholnay New Member

there is always that nasty phase between long hair and short hair... i shouldnt be posting in this thread as I am far from metro and I have no idea what it takes to control or take care of hair.

24. FastCat

FastCat New Member

If you are absolutely dead set on having long hair (which imo will make you substantially LESS attractive).....

Get yourself some DECENT products... by decent I don't mean ultra expensive... try a few mid range ones out (Paul Mitchell, Nexxus, etc)... The key is to keep your hair healthy which means you need to keep your scalp healthy as well. So EVERY day.... shampoo, condition, lightly spray a leave in conditioner, Use either a mousse or wax to style your hair, and if need be get a defrizz product. You may also want to consider starting to take Vitamin E on a daily basis. It is also important to include B-6, biotin, Inositol and folic acid. It has been found that certain minerals including magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also very important toward maintaining healthy hair.
    Beta-carotene is also essential to hair growth. This is because it is converted to vitamin A as the body needs it, helps maintain normal growth and bone development, protective sheathing around nerve fibers, as well as promoting healthy skin, hair and nails.... So get yourself out there and find a decent multi-vitamin :) I know I know.. so much work.... Here are some vitamins I recommend...

Vitamin Shoppe: Health & Fitness Nutrients For Active People - 30 individual packets.. you take once a day.. costs about $25 a month.

Again.. long hair that looks good requires MAINTENANCE and COMMITMENT! You have to put a little extra time into your hygiene routine if you want it to look good.. Anyone can have shitty looking long hair...

25. Rob Jones

Rob Jones what up

thanks!

I know i'll probably have it up most of the time anyways but regardless what you said shall be used.