New to OT - Hi

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Audidude, May 6, 2006.

1. Audidude

Audidude New Member

New here from New Zealand.

Many years cruising brand specific forums, thought would be a nice change to join in here.

I own two cars which you can see here:
    Audi DTM A4 '06
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/audidude/DTM A4/

and here:
    Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM '96 tarmac rally car
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/audidude/Type R race car/

I am new to rallying and have recently competed in my first event the New Zealand Targa Bambina ( www.targa.co.nz ) coming 38th out of 112 entrants. My son is my co-driver and also a newbie as were my service crew. We were 89th and 78th after 2nd and 3rd special stages and finished 40th on the road after the last (9th) stage.

Having been a doctor officiating at the last 4 WRC rounds in NZ it is an absolute buzz to finally be competing in Motorsport events! :bigthumb:

Cheers

2. Workz1210

Workz1210 New Member

Nice car. I used to have a B5 S4 and Audi interiors are the best. The only thing that kills the car is the front overhang, its starting to get worse and worse every new model.

3. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

:coold: welcome

4. M4A1

M4A1 :)

5. Audidude

Audidude New Member

Yeah, it's due to the achilles heel of Audi's handling - the engine ahead of front axle - moves the CofG too far forward leading to a greater tendency to understeer - with the RS4 they moved the engine much further back and have also recalibrated the Torsen centre diff to giver 40/60 f/r torque split. That car feels very neutral, and in fact so does the DTM to alesser extent. Even to the point of slight oversteer when pushed to limit under power. I think the DTM has the 40/60 split too but correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers