SRS New to Lamictal. Need Halp.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cosmocrat, Jan 3, 2008.

1. cosmocrat

cosmocrat New Member

I started taking 25 mg of Lamictal 2 weeks ago and I'm finding it nearly impossible to sleep. (Its 7:30 am and I'm not the slightest bit tired), on top of that I have terrible neck/upper back pain which makes it difficult to lay down. I'm liking the help its giving me with my depression, but i feel it has also really made me anxious. I'm not sure if it was an anxiety attack or not, but I had to pull off the highway today because I was so afraid I was going to lose control of my limbs/my heart was racing.

Has anyone experienced any of these side affects? I'm seeing my doc Friday but wanted to get some input. :hsugh:

2. cosmocrat

cosmocrat New Member

i should also mention i have next to no appetite as well.

3. TiffanyTJB

TiffanyTJB New Member

Lamictal made me loose 4 lbs in 9 days and that is a lot because I weight 110 lbs. That is one of the side effects.

You really need to call your dr. They don't just put people on new meds and abandon them, and if you're having negative side effects I know your dr wouldn't want you to try to be a hero and stick it out. There is a good change that Lemictal isn't for you, but thats okay there are plenty of other medications.

You could try taking something else at night if the dr thinks you will do well on Lemictal. I was on low doses of Seroquel and Geodon to help me sleep, and now I take something else that is working pretty well.

Seriously, call the dr and they will move up your next appt or at lease talk to you on the phone- there is no need to suffer for nothing.

4. IHAMWETARDDID

IHAMWETARDDID "We could make babies and accidental songs..."

Several years ago I was taking Lamictal and had the strangest side effects. If i missed a dose or didnt take it first thing in the morning I had this sense of being outside my body. It was like I was watching my life happen without being involved in it. I weened myself off all medications and haven't taken any sense. I say call the Dr. and explain whats going on, just thought I would give you my lamictal experience.

5. IHAMWETARDDID

The doctor said it was because the medicine was not helping my "problem" and that is what was causing the adverse reactions.

6. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I never had those symptoms either, but I also found it to be ineffective.

7. cosmocrat

cosmocrat New Member

I recently went to my doctor and she told me to stop taking it. I don't have to ween since I was only on 25mg. However, I still have a really sore neck, but its only been short of 48 hours since I last took the medication. She gave me some anti anxiety medication to last me through my trip to Canada (coming back the 19th of Jan), and after that we'll be trying something else for the Bipolar.

thanks for all the responses!:)

8. IHAMWETARDDID

well stated :)