New to bikes, need your opinions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by niXon, Jul 21, 2006.

1. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

Alright well to start, I do not have a bike, nor do I plan on getting one right away.

Next summer I will be taking an MSF course and all that good stuff. In the meantime I have been looking up bikes and what not in anticipation of being able to eventually buy one. I've heard everyone say how you shouldnt get a supersport to start and what not but never seen much on these two bikes.

I love the look of these bikes, and 600cc seems like it would keep me excited and interested for a few years

[​IMG]
    Kawaksaki ZZR600

and

[​IMG]
    Yamaha YZF600R

Opinions?

2. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

the ZZR is the SAME EXACT bike as the 02-04 (im not sure if those are the exact years, but i know its 02 and 03) Ninja ZX6R. except that its only avail in black or silver. personally, if i ever get a new bike itll be the ZZR my friend has an 02 ZX6r and i absolutely love it. all the new bikes have too many lines, and the yamaha are just plain fugly.

3. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

Yea the ZZR is gorgeous bodywise. Simple and Clean FTW.

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

The benefit of the ZZR, aside from looking absolutely tits, is that its also got the adjustable suspension, the nice 6 caliper brakes, and the performance of the old ZX6.

The Yammi is an Old R6 thats been watered down. WIth elcheapo suspension, detuned motor, (i belive) two piston brakes, and is generally a lesser bike in just abotu every catagory.

The ZZR is a fantastic bike, that offers an amazing level of performance for the price.

That being said, i still think it may be a bt much for a noob. I considered one for a while, then quickly moved past it.

5. oakie

oakie my ninja.

6 piston, not 6 calipers. in any effect, that bike does not need 6 piston front calipers... otherwise they wouldnt have gone with 4 piston radials in 2003. they're nice, but pretty much useless for anything but stoppies.

the Yami is NOT a watered down R6... it's the evolution of the original YZF-600R that was Yami's old supersport back in the early- to mid-90's as an answer for their FZR-600. it was also known as the Thundercat, with the YZF-1000R being called the Thunderace. the YZF-R6 and R1 are current evolutions of the original YZF's.

the thundercat features 4 piston front brakes and two piston rear. it's more than adequate... the brakes for the bike, and the bike for a new rider... and is the reason why Yami has kept it in their line-up.

Honda also has their F4i... a banana seat version of their previous supersport. the nice thing about the F4i is fuel injection providing a tad more power, and a lot less maintenance.

all are in the same price and performance range, but IMO, the Honda would be the better bet due to its good feel and ability to forgive newish riders in the handling and power delivery departments.

but bottom line, the only thing that saves you from getting killed is your maturity.

6. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

I consider myself to be an extremely mature and rational person which is why I am considering these two bikes.

As far as the 2 that I posted goes, I would be more inclined to pick up the Kawasaki as it seems to be the better overall bike, considering they cost the same.

PS. Thanks for the awesome and educated insight :cool:

7. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Thanks for the corrections.

I dont know why i said 6 caliper :ugh: i guess its time for me to go to bed.

I think the F4i is the best in the BNG oldies class by far.
    But the ZZR offers alot for the price, no matter how you stack it in the Hondas favor.

8. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

:werd:

For $9,999 MSRP (CDN $$) it seems to be the best bang for the buck.