New to bikes . looking at Ninja 250 / EX500

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by avngrpnoy360, Jul 18, 2004.

1. avngrpnoy360

avngrpnoy360 New Member

hey im new to bikes and im really interested in getting one soon. im only 17 / 5'7'' so pretty small. anybody have any experience with these bikes? i plan on taking the msf course soon and im looking for a nice cheap beginner bike for now. btw anybody have a estimate of how much my insurance would be? thanks

2. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

Insurance cost will depend on how good your driving record is, where you live, and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can go over to www.Progressive.com and www.bike-line.com to get an instant quote or if you can wait a few minutes for an agen to reply, you can check www.geico.com .

3. im about 6'2, 220. i wanted a 500 or less since i had no bike experience. my dad bought me an 04 r6, so i didnt let anyone twist my arm. if youre responsible, get what you think youre comfortable with. imo, ill be with my r6 for a couple more years (least i hope.) if it was my money, id go with a ninja 50 or a gs500f.

4. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

every insurance company is way different, i got full coverage w/ farmers and they go by cc so if i had a supersport bike like a gsxr600 my insurance would be cheaper (i have a sv650s) how do you like them apples

5. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

the gs500 is a better bike

6. bmwmon

bmwmon New Member

Dad not like you much?

7. worth

worth Guest

Get the Ninja 250 since you're so short. :fawk: