New Tmobile Phones v. Pics

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by reaXion, Oct 15, 2005.

1. reaXion

reaXion Texas is better then your mom

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

you suck at linking

3. reaXion

Didn't feel like saving and rehosting.

:mamoru:

4. hay112

hay112 For every sprinkle I find I shall kill you

great 1 new phone and 3 updated ones....t-mobile's phone selection can lick my coin purse

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Sigh... looks like I'm moving to sprint. Really wanted to stay with T-Mobile, but their phones really blow.

6. oakie

oakie my ninja.

that's too bad as you'll be laden with an even slimmer lineup of phones that rarely gets updated, overpriced service, roaming charges, and most of all, you'll be on the other side of the fence, drooling at the new phones in t-mobiles lineup.

Deutsch Telekom was going to sell TMO-USA, but are pretty much stuck with it after Cingular bought ATT instead. their official decision to keep TMO-USA came in spring of 2005, and because of that, are dedicating themselves to network upgrades and increasing service areas through roaming partnerships to build more value in the TNO-USA brand. it has since become their fastest growing division in the DT family.

they're upgrading to the new Edge 2.5gen network along with increased roaming agreements with Cingular. TMO-USA is currently in plans to immediately begin upgrading to UMTS (true 3G GSM) and has entered the spectrum bidding process to establish their network.

but because of increased roaming partnerships with Cingular, they have to change their whole phone lineup to be compatible with Cingular's 850mhz network to provide the most coverage possible, instead of relying on the limited 1900mhz network TMO-USA currently uses.

and because of that, it looks like they have a crappy lineup of phones... but in reality, they're dumping all of their dual and tri band non-850 compatible phones, which happened to be their whole lineup until recently. all of their new phones being released are at least dual band 850/1900, the only two GSM frequencies used in the US.

cliffs: TMO-USA will be releasing 12 new phones before Nov 30th, all featuring 850mhz compatibility to provide increased coverage due to new roaming agreements with Cingular. currently being speculated are the SLVR V8, L6 and L7, Motorola V360, Samsung t809 Slim-Slider, D600, and e730. a handful of Nokias are also on the way. again, their lineup is slim because their current/previous lineup is not 850mhz compatible, and must be flushed.

7. reaXion

Agreed for the most part.
    I don't think they are getting the D600 or the e730 though. It would be nice.

But Unlocked GSM FTW on T-Mobile.
    I have a D500 with edge and it's better then any T-Mobile branded phone out there.

T-Mobile > all other companies on pricing and reliability.
    Phone lineup should get a lot better. It's a hell of a lot better then verizon anyways.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Well I'm not in a huge hurry, so I can wait a bit and see how they turn out. I really do like TM and I'd much rather stay with them, but their phones need to get better.