new system issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by __23skidoo, Feb 16, 2005.

1. __23skidoo

__23skidoo ...has the nuts

I have a new Neo2 K8T FIR which will not reboot without clearing CMOS settings.
    I've updated the BIOS, installed Windows XP, drivers for all peripherals.
    I used MSI's built in Flash utility, chipset drivers ...etc

While its on....the system runs great, I just can reboot the freaking thing.

Suggestions?

2. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

What does it do? Just sit there, or does it shutdown instead of reboot.

I had a problem where when i chose "shutdown" it ALWAYS rebooted. i had to manually turn it off every time. turns out i had my jumpers backwards into the mobo from the power button. see if yours are aligned right, and the + and - are all ligned up right. if they are try the exact opposite. some boards made across the pond the #'s and symbols are backwards. my DIMMS are 1,2,3 but in the manual they say 1=3 2=2 3=1 cuz its backwards. alot of the grammar is off too.

3. SEPHROTH64

SEPHROTH64 Guest

i had this issue, turned out to be the PSU, got another one u can swap with to test?

4. __23skidoo

__23skidoo ...has the nuts

Nope...It will shut down windows and proceed to restart, but never make it past POST. I can hit the power button all I want and nothing happens. It only turns off from the switch on the PSU.
    I'll fiddle with the jumpers some more though.

Dont have a spare, but it's a new powersupply : http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-101-513&depa=0