New switcher

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dr.zed, May 6, 2009.

1. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

I've been using my imac for about 6 weeks now. I came from a PC world.

The first 20 minutes were the hardest part. I thought I would be frustrated at the lack of "control" in the OS but that is completely BS and I forgot all the hesitations I had after a few minutes.

The first thing I noticed was how quickly the imac (2GH 2MB) started. It installed the first updates for Leopard within 45 seconds and had rebooted and ready for me to load programs in another 45 seconds.

I literally spent the entire weekend and three days after getting on the unit any chance I could get learning about it. I bought parallels to run Microsoft Money. Installing programs and mounting disks was the largest learning curve making sure nothing was "left behind" when I choose not to keep the program.

I wish everything could be like the Apple purchasing experience. I actually want to go back and buy a new imac for no other reason than just to feel like I'm actually wanted as a customer. The packaging, the marketing, the feel simply has not let me down.

I wish Apple sold more than computers and handheld electronics.

... now to my question. How the hell do I make a DVD with my .avi files????

2. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I believe he's asking how to MAKE a DVD from his .avi files, not how to rip his DVD's to .avi . VisualHub was used for ripping, unless I missed something there, besides, VisualHub is no longer around.

You can use Toast to make DVD's from .avi and most other video formats.

3. hay112

hay112 For every sprinkle I find I shall kill you

you can also use "Burn"
    it's free

4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

Do you need to run Money? there are a lot of alternatives for the mac

5. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

I haven't found a program that is a true alternative to money. iBank is okay, Cha-Ching is a shitty program with a nice looking UI, and I don't really like the way quicken organizes things.

6. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

I tried Quicken and it was not nearly as flexible for reoccurring transactions and future bills that are not the exact same.