GUN New Steyr Augs to be available in US soon

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 10, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Saw this posted over on arfcom

I thank you for your inquiry concerning the AUG semi automatic availability status in the U.S.

For your information, Steyr administrators decided on May 4th, to commence with the AUG A3 semi automatic rifle production in the U.S. Its targeted availability is by the SHOT Show 2007. Furthermore, there are currently no plans to produce pistol caliber AUG’s in the U.S.

On June 2nd, the final AUG A3 SA configurations were determined in Austria (tentatively we named it the “American Universal Gewehr” - American Universal Rifle), after obtaining BATF guidelines regarding what needs to be produced in the U.S, and which components may be imported.

Currently, Steyr engineers are working on completing its technical data package (TDP) and the process of securing Austrian export and U.S. import permits for the transfer of the TDP to the U.S.

A lot of details are being worked this project at this time to realize our targets.

I hope this information will help to put any rumors to rest, and if we can be of any further service to you please contact me at any time.

With best regards,

Karl Walter

Steyr Arms, Inc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  2. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

3. striker754

striker754 Chillin

:mamoru:

they have to build them here because they can't import them since they supply, IIRC, the iranians with weapons. US imposed import ban on steyr

wonder how expensive they will be?

4. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Sweet, now we get 2 choices for a bullpup civie model with that and the FN2000.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

With the FN2000 prices around $2200 if the Steyr is less or comparable I'de go with the Steyr in a heartbeat.

6. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

If the steyr is less than 2 grand, I would be very suprised.

7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

here is what I want to know, why the hell are all these companies putting rails on their rifles that they sell in the US? I think it was the SIG 556 that they completely went away from the look of the SIG that every one liked, especially with the front rails/handgguards.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I didnt mind the rails on the sig so much as the ar15 styled lower reciever.. as for the AUG, its the A3 model, they're not putting them on for the US market, the A3 is already being made for sales in other countries. When most people think of AUG's they think of the traditional A1, I doubt they will be selling those in the US market again.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AUG A1
    [​IMG]
    A2
    [​IMG]
    A3
    shown in first post

10. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

Thegunsource.com has them for $1840 but that still seems like alot when I can get an ar for 1/3 of that.

11. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Rails gives an owner the option to do whatever they want to their weapon to personalize it. Sure beats blowing a wad of cash on a gun that's outfitted only one way and you have little in the way of custom fitting it.

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is that a preorder though? I saw some places charging around that before (impact guns i think) but with fine print saying they maybe more then that when they ship. I was looking in the EE on arfcom for other things and saw 2 vendors with them in stock ready to ship one for $2200 and one selling them at $2400ish.. But I agree for half the price you can get a kick ass AR setup, if I had cash to just blow on all the toys i wanted then I'de consider one. I dont see anymore over a grand long arm purchases in my future untill the sig comes around if it comes around in the proper 551 style.

13. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: I'de have no problem with owning an a1 style one but the a2 and a3 open up alot more customizing options to you, A1 your stuck with what was in the box.

14. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

rgr that squid, you tend not to learn that kind of stuff when you live behind the Iron curtain....

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

what are the advantages in a bullpup?

16. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Steyr > *.*

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

more barrel

18. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

ones I've shot were more stable too since the weight was all the way back in the stock. Easier to swing between targets and alot less vibration transfered from your arms. One guy that goes to the range alot has a Valmet M82 that's a kick in the pants to shoot. Pricey though.