GUN New shotgun, new AR barrel

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Apr 23, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Brought home my new shotgun for a new open gun project. Benelli M1 super 90. It's already cut for a doctor dot sight. It's going off to my gunsmith to get the full open gun treatment. Bolt work, feed ramp and work for tech loader sticks, 10+1 shell extension. thought I'd take some pictures before it goes under the mill. gun will stay camo which will be unique.

Got my new AR barrel from UPS today. I try to rebarrel ever two years. This one is a 18" light weight contor JP Supermatch barrel. My existing 18" barrel still has some life in it so I'll either keep it for a future project, or sell it cheap to somebody starting out in 3 gun.

[​IMG]

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I lurves light barrels.

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The jp barrels are kind of odd. My present "mid" weight barrel from Randal from AR15barrels.com is thinner in front of the gas block (and lighter). The JP lightweight is thicher in front of the GB and they call it a lightweight. They say the weight up front steadies the gun when shooting unsported. Their ultra light weight is the same contor as my present mid weight barrel, but JP does not offer it in a 1x8 twist.