GUN New shit

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Jul 19, 2008.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I finally got my CZ back to me, which will eventually be my main Limited/L10/Zombie Defense Gun once I get a few more things straightened out.

CZ Tactical Sport
    [​IMG]

Crazy amounts of work done on this gun, by all kinds of different people. Bought it a long time ago, chopped it up, sold it to a guy who chopped it up a little more, and bought it back. Just about everything on it has been chopped/cut/rebuilt, and I'm not quite done yet.

For comparisons sake, this is what the TS comes from the factory looking like -
    [​IMG]

It's still ugly, and not done. The frame is in bare steel, and is rusting as I speak. You can tell if you look closely at the pic - it's nasty. No worries though, as I'm thinking that I'm going to two tone it black over Hardchrome, and cut down my red cocobola grips from my old stainless '75 to use for some pretty pics.

I've only had time to shoot with it a little bit, but so far it's everything I was wanting and more. Balance is perfect for me, it's shoots crazy good, and the trigger is the best I have ever had (mid/high 1lb range, with a super positive break and crazy short reset). Can't wait to get it all done and hit up some matches.

The other gun that came in is cool, but has since been overshadowed by the CZ. It's a Bruce Gray 226 -
    [​IMG]

Looking like it's going to be a CZ vs. Sig showdown at la casa de Phrozen this weekend.

2. AB13

AB13 New Member

You have nice taste in guns. :thumbsup:

I've got my work cut out for me preparing my open gun and still working on my Single Stack for the next couple of seasons, but if I don't get an SVI .40, my close second choice is to get a EAA Limited from Hennings aka Tanfoglio Shop to shoot in Limited.

But between Singlestack/L10 and Open, I'd like to get serious and start advancing in class before I take on any more divisions. But it's too dam fun, lulz.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I plan on only shooting production (with an Angus '75), and Limited/L10 with this gun. Open class seems like a ton of fun, but I know my place and don't have the funds/skills/time necessary to participate in that realm. If things go well next year I wouldn't mind getting into it (I've never even shot a open-class pistol, but it looks like an immense amount of fun).

I have a couple nice 1911's, and I've thought about trying a single stack match just to garner some more experience. At the moment, I feel that my hardware is definitely not holding me back, so I think I'll just work on shooting more and going from there. Building guns is always a good time though, so who knows how that paradigm might differ in the future.

I haven't had any time with any of the nicer Italian guns, so if you score one you'll have to hit us up with a range report after you see WTF. I was interested in one before this gun came about, but was somewhat turned off by magazine woes, and the availability of parts/support/etc for the witness pistols.

What's your opinion on shooting various divisions (with various guns)? A good way to garner experience on the quick, or too much of a "jack of all trades, master of none" type scenario?

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

It really depends on what you want to get out of it, for me for a long time was all about just having fun. I do this because it's fun, I'll never make any money out of it, it's my escape and not nearly my world. I'm a family man.

But I can say, I have garnished certain skills shooting many divisions. Single stack and shooting L10 with a single stack has really helped me with dynamic reloading and reloading in general. Thinner magazine, thinner magwell, makes you really focus on the reload and "looking the mag" into the magwell. When I dry fire my Open, I feel like I'm throwing a magazine down a hallway now, and my reloads with the Open gun are sick.

It also helped me manage my rounds/shots more efficiently, I can run a COF as fast if not faster than most guys shooting limited with 20+1. It's all about making each shot count. Avoiding reloading static, etc.

But it has hurt getting higher classification, most of the guys call me a sandbagger, I just don't take it that seriously. You'll see me in videos doing stuff for fun, shooting strong hand on the move when i don't have to, etc. Some of the guys that I used to be on par with, are now masters in their divisions because they stuck to their platform.

I'm starting to get a little more serious about it now, we'll see where it goes. I've always said when it becomes like work, and no fun, I'll quit and do something else. I'm still having fun.

It has its pros and cons, I think shooting single stack and open will definitely open me up to many aspects and proficiencies that will translate to being a better shooter down the road.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008