New RS4

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ChrisD2, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ChrisD2

ChrisD2 New Member

Hi.

I'm returning to OT. I'd been here for a couple years, a couple years ago (as ChrisD, dangit, someone ganked my nickname). A few of you might remember me as the dude with the turbo + built motor S2000 that was making about 28 psi (search s2ki for ChrisD). The car ate up some pistons and went to happy car land where there are endless drag strips and radar guns don't work.

Fast forward a couple years. I've got a Murano (really sweet ride, by the way), but it just wasn't scratching the itch. That itch comes back over time, and so it's time to delve into another project. I decided on an Audi RS4.

I will start out breaking in the motor, getting a feel for the car, and just putting a few miles on it for miles' sake, and then we'll get started. It's going to be a different path for me this time, as the car is a large displacement naturally aspirated motor. That means one thing - blower. I'll start out with a large (100/200 wetshot) nitrous kit, enjoy the thrill of that for a couple months, then start planning the blower. I would imagine that a charger on stock internals and maybe minimal fuel upgrades should be able to turn out 600 horse at the wheels (with the nitrous to cool the charge) on a bar or less of boost. Beyond that I don't wanna destroy the block, but I will try to have some fun with that for a while. After 6 months to a year, I will probably go with building up the block (but fuck Golden Eagle, those asswipes suck) and some more aggressive pulleys, as well as all the upgrades from the twister to the rubber.

The end goal? 800 horse on street gas, 1000 horse on race gas, in the sweetest sedan you'll see. It will be 100% sleeper. I may even go with stock wheels unless they really can't put the power down. No wings, no stickers, no side skirts, no visible intercoolers, no ridiculous exhaust (unless the breathers start to be restrictive). I'm giving myself 18 months to get there. I'll do the best I can to chronicle it, and bump this post periodically for shits and giggles. :)

After hunting every dealer in a 200 mile radius, I found one to take my order for MSRP (University Audi in Seattle - big ups to them :bigthumb:). The car's been ordered, it'll be here mid July.

Every day until then sucks ass.

Will post the updates as often as possible.

2. GRiP_DRiVER

GRiP_DRiVER New Member

Mid july.... damn.

Congrats. Ever since I had my A4 I've wanted one of the new RS4's

3. Stealth Fries

Stealth Fries Put a mink coat in your butt

How did you spec yours out?

4. Bugatti

Bugatti New Member

Wow never heard of gasoline that can give you 200 horse power.

5. GRiP_DRiVER

GRiP_DRiVER New Member

:rofl:

With better gas you can run more boost and timing.

6. Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan OT Supporter

600hp on stock internals?
    :ugh: i'd like to see this

7. barto

barto you and your...third dimension

in for pics

8. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

haha you gotta wait until July

9. Stealth Fries

:werd: metoo.jpg

10. ChrisD2

ChrisD2 New Member

There isn't much you can add to 'em. They come with the premium package that's on the S4, standard. Pretty much all you can ask for is the color.

I got avus silver, which is a slightly darker silver than the Benz silver. It's nothing special, but that's part of the whole idea, to be a sleeper. Black is nice, actually, but so damn hard to take care of. You mis-wash it just once, and the whole paint will look like ass.

600 horse on stock internals? I'd like to see it too, but if shit gone done get broke, then.. well, I'll replace 'em with custom stuff. :)

There isn't really too much damage you can do to a block that you're going to build up by burning up some pistons or breaking a differential gear or axle. Generally all that damage is self contained, and if it breaks, well, I'd probably want to replace it anyway. :)

11. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

How much are you paying for the RS4?

12. ChrisD2

ChrisD2 New Member

Don't know yet, MSRP hasn't been set. :ugh:

It's going to be around 75 I believe.

13. Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan OT Supporter

:rofl: idiot, check the audi website

14. honey

honey New Member

benchmodding < *

15. ChrisD2

ChrisD2 New Member

Yep, they just updated it a few days ago. Delivery date is still unspecified, but I believe I have this dealer's second one. He says it's probably being built right now. Give that 4-6 weeks, another 4-6 for shipping to US and customs clearance, and another 2 for shipping to the dealer.

Bleh.

16. Halon X

Halon X New Member

Probably being built? The dealer should be able to check and tell you the exact status of the car!

17. Stealth Fries

and exactly where it is.

18. Workz1210

Workz1210 New Member

My friend who ordered his has an arrival date; which has actually been pushed back a month or so.