SRS New relationship troubles, I guess, advice please.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Altiris, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Altiris

Altiris New Member

I went home from school over xmas break and ended up meeting up with this girl who I used to have a crush on in high school (she told me once she had a crush on me as well). She was home from about 8 hours away, visiting her family for xmas too. Anyway, we spend quite a bit of time together, she changes her plans and stays for an extra week. We have a lot of fun, and I start to think I'm really falling for this girl. The night before she had to leave, we spent about 3 hours in the sack, really enjoying each other's company. I spent the night.

BAM. We both have to leave. 10 hours of separation just like that. It's been about two weeks. I don't know what the fuck to do. I've talked to her twice on the phone. This girl is like the girl of my dreams. I really fucking miss her. I want to have a relationship with this girl. I'm confused about what she was looking for and what she wants. We haven't talked about trying to have a long distance relationship. I've done that before and it was a nightmare. But maybe it would be different this time.

I've got this semester and this summer left of school and then I'm graduating with a degree in computer science from a pretty good school. I ought to be able to support her and eventually a family pretty well. I don't know why the fuck I'm even thinking about that right now. I'm over-analyzing, aren't I?

I'm also afraid I'm being clingy. I'm afraid I'm being one-sided in this relationship. I'm afraid to tell her this shit. I can't be patient.

I think I can trust her. I don't think I'm jealous. I've put up with my last girlfriend spending time with her ex while I was away and it ripped me up. I'm afraid of letting her into my heart.

I cannot stop thinking about her. I've talked to my dad about it and he gives me extremely good support that really strengthens me, but I was very, very distraught today. He told me just to keep the conversation light with subtle implications of affection, but not to put forth more than she puts forth. I'm afraid she's not putting forth anything, that this is all some delusion on my side, that she just wanted a little play while she was home, that I'm lining myself up for heartbreak.

What the fuck am I supposed to do right now?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

The only way you'll know if she wants a relationship is to talk to her about it. LDR can work, I've done it. You really have to work to communicate and stay faithful(if you are one to wander) but I think the distance made us better at communicating. I've been with my bf now for a year and 4 months, the first 8 of those were spent apart because of college. We now go to the same school and see each other every day. I think our relationship is stronger because we know we can trust each other.