New Ram question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Yodaman456, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

so i got new ram, because i had bad ram before and i haven't started my computer up yet because i am waiting on another part to ship, but what do i have to go through to get my computer to run again, do i have to reinstall windows? And i heard a rumor that new ram may not fix old ram errors on windows xp. Is there any truth to that? Or will my computer work perfectly fine now? Thanks.

2. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

any help anyone? could anyone answer my questions please?

3. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

I guess it depends on how badly the bad RAM messed up your installation of Windows.
    If it meant that you were still able to get into Windows and it would just lock up or kick you out of running programs every once in a while then you will not need to reinstall. If you were unable to get into Windows before, then it is possible that you will need to reinstall Windows. If I were you I would just start it up and see what happens.

4. Yodaman456

Yodaman456 New Member

ok thanks it ran fine before it just kicked me out of games and stuff, but the system ran fine otherwise, also will it just make the games run fine it the new ram works out and xp boots up?

5. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

if it booted up regularly, just kicked you out. that means that there is no damage to the hard drive files. only when the programs accessed the bad sectors of memory on the RAM. thus, replacing teh ram with good chips SHOULD take care of all your problems. but like jimbo said, boot it up and see.