MMA New Radio Show Starting In The Fall....

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Nomad, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

I dunno if some of you guys knew this about me but i host my own radio show on my college's radio channel WVYC.

well since i'm working towards being in the production aspect of MMA after college i figured for my last 2 years i should host a radio program dedicated to the sport i love.

i want to know the following as a potential audience

1) what sort of music should be played (each program is required to play a certain set of rotation songs, but the DJs get a choice as to what genre they play)

2) what sort of format would you as a potential audience member prefer?
    as in the list of parts (i.e. 1st new, 2nd rumors, 3rd reviews of fights, etc.)

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Let the bodies hit the floor
    Let the bodies hit the floor!

3. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

leave it to you to be a douche....

oh and our programming director said we can't play that sort of music during the day because the broadcast will be throughout the school's TVChannel on the cable network we have....and people call up and complain about it a lot during the day if they hear metal...dumb i know but i got to follow the rules of the station.

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

jesus christ that ho left you way too sensitive. deep breathes.

if you cant play metal, i would focus on anything someone could work out to. up tempo music. Your formatting sounds fine. I'd focus on rumors the least cause usually only the die hards even care about them. I think news then reviews should make up 90%. Then maybe contests for T*U shirts :eek3:
    Interviews. and then maybe a focus on local MMA.
    I think contests would bring in a lot of listeners though.

ooh, do you guys have a website? Pirated pics of ring girls. fuck yeah. titties and free shirts. It will be like an audio version of the cage.

5. teep

teep New Member

is it going to be just you talking? or do you have more people on the show

6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

didn't mean to come across harsh, i was actually kidding bro. sorry.

yeah i'll shoot T*U an email once the show actually starts, the only problem is i can't say "got to T*U.com etc." since that's technically illegal (a couple of College radio stations got shut down for that, its called a Call to Action)

i'll look at making a site over the summer. I was also going to take interviews from my documentary and play the audio version of it on the air (MMA Coaches, Amateur Fighters, etc.) as well as do call in interviews with some groups. i know Ultimate Warriors Challenge (lower spectrum MMA org out of VA) are making a move to take the PA market sometime soon.

7. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

for music you can play some fighters entrance music, I like the format though.

Maybe you can try and get some interviews later down the road.

8. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

my current co-host on my late night show is trying to figure out if he can. we're still waiting to find out when our show is going to be due to both his and our schedule and the station schedule. it may be a early evening show on Tuesdays. it's still sort of up in the air.

there's also a couple of people i could try to bring in.