New protein recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Well I have been on WPI watermelon for a while now. Taste is "so-so" but def. nothing to brag about. For a while though, I have only been taking in 2 scoops on workout days, and 1 on non-workout days.
    This was not a problem because I was getting a LOT of protein from my meals alone during bulking. Now I find that during cutting it is much harder to get sufficient amounts of protein.
    So I upped the protein intake to 3-4 scoops everyday. The problem is the price. WPI runs $25 per 2lbs which gets WAY to expensive when trying 3-4 scoops a day.

I need a cheaper protien but one that does not taste like shit. I found ON whey to be pretty damn cheap at only $26 for a 5lbs container. However, I do not really like the chocolate/vanilla type flavors.

Can anyone say if their fruit punch flavor is good, and how it compares to WPI? Or recommend something similarly priced for that amount of protein that tastes good?

Thanks

2. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

if you want a fruit flavored isolate, you REALLY missed out because BN had ergopharm I-pro on sale for $16 each, and then for a few days $9 each :eek3:

they do still have the green apple flavor on sale for $16

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yeah, I actually saw that sale too. But I had no less than a week before picked up 4lbs of WPI watermelon. I should have gotten some I-pro though. WPI will be gone in a couple weeks and since I have been on it for several months it is starting to taste like ass.

I am mildly lactose intolerant, so I would love a protein not containing any lactose ingrediants, cheap as ON, and have fruit flavors that are actually halfway decent or atleast similar (preferably) better than WPI.

4. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I RLY RLY don't like the I-Pro.. not even worth teh cheapness.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

generally, the cheaper the protein, the more likely it is to upset your stomach

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Damn!

I dont want to spend too much money, but I also dont want to feel sick everyday. I read that ON is pretty good for the lactose intolerant... But before purchasing I want to know how the tropical punch tastes. I have heard nothing about its taste thus far.

7. RG

RG New Member

nectar

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I freaking love the taste but unfortunately it used a few different lacto substances. I am lactos intolerant.
    Plus, I am looking for something cheaper.

I would love to find a decent tasting protein that I could get for ~ $30 for a 5lb tub. The ON tropical fruit punch is only $26 for 5lbs, but I just want to hear some reviews its taste before I buy 5 lbs of it!

Can anyone give feedback on the ON tropical fruit punch flavor....
    Perhaps in comparison to WPI watermelon?

Thanks

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

damn you all!

No one has used this shit? Is it that bad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.