New problems, now with videocard drivers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Thundarcatsho, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Thundarcatsho

Thundarcatsho New Member

As I stated in another topic I tried to reformat and it wouldn't work since I'm using an SATA HDD and the drivers are on a floppy, but my floppy drive is messed up.

Anyway, for some strange reason, while trying to do all of that, my GPU drivers disappeared. I immediately got the newest ones off of nVidia but after I install them it just seems like the drivers aren't even working. When I scroll up and down through Firefox it's extremely slow and lags, and in dxdiag > display I only see "n/a" after "n/a". My 7800GT is not recognized. How do I go about fixing this?

2. Stev

Stev Active Member

Your parents or best friend dont have a floppy drive u can grab out of their case and use for 20 minutes?

3. Thundarcatsho

Thundarcatsho New Member

wth is up with offtopic?

Anyway, I'm not worried about reformatting. I found out how to fix the problem (hopefully) from nVidia.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13957.html

I do see a Code 10 error in Device Manager for the GPU. Based on how to fix it, I've got to go into his BIOS and change an option, but I don't know how to get into BIOS. I've tried spamming F1, F2, and delete on startup. He's got a lanparty ut nf4-d mobo

4. Thundarcatsho

Thundarcatsho New Member

Alright, I got into his BIOS. I couldn't specifically find "Assign IRQ to VGA" but under PnP/PCI Configurations I do see:

Resources Controlled by: Auto

PCI/VGA Palette Snoop: Disabled

I have no idea what those two things are, but do they relate to what I'm trying to fix?

5. Thundarcatsho

Thundarcatsho New Member

I decided to not worry about BIOS and tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers one last time. After reinstalling the drivers, I decided to check the box "I'll restart later". I then checked Device Manager, and everything looks fine.

So now I'm afraid if I restart the damn PC, I'll get the problem again. As of now, knock on motherfuckin' wood, everything is fine.

Oh, and I will never be an IT guy. *sigh*

6. Thundarcatsho

Thundarcatsho New Member

Well I restarted and it's back to the Code 10 error.

7. Stev

Stev Active Member

great thread.