New problem with iMac

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tenplanescrashing, Mar 13, 2006.

1. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Ok, I decided to copy her files to my external hard drive and reinstall the OS. I have done this several times now because after I reinstall it then shut it down, it won't boot back up. After I install it, I can run it just fine. Its the boot process where it hangs. The little dial never spins and the grey apple just sits there. I've even tried to boot it from a Rescue CD a friend of mine made (OS 10.3.6 w/ techtools for troubleshooting) and it hangs while trying to boot from that.

What started out being a browser problem now seems to be more of a hardware issue somewhere. Any help is appreciated!

2. easy4lif

easy4lif New Member

it would be nice if you gave more info about the iMac version and the OS Version. then we might be able to help

3. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

try booting up into safe mode by holding C down while it boots. once its in safe mode, check your startup items, delete everything in there and then reboot.

hope it works :h5:

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

actually I knew this would be a stupid user problem and it was. I needed to disconnect the ethernet cable before booting. Dumb mistake #28374, since 1995.