new powerlifting club at my school, should I join?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Hpower, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hpower

Hpower GO GATORS

So at the school gym I saw a flyer that said a powerlifting club was forming and to email or call if interested. A few questions, is it fun to compete? How well would I be able to compete? I might have to workout with them maybe and ditch my workout partner of like 5 years so thats not good. I guess just let me know what you guys think of competitions and what not.

Stats
    Weight: 205 lbs

Height: 6'

Bench: most ever did was 300 haven't gone heavy in awhile, the form was definatly not competition worthy so like 250 maybe competition style. :dunno:

Squat:not sure either, never really maxed out, go up to 345 for like 3 reps, I am pretty sure I go low enough, not sure about other requirements for competition.

Deadlift: 480, I have no idea what type of form is required for this or if you just have to get it up somehow.

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

If you enjoy lifting and have a competetive side then it should be a blast. Why dont ya just talk you current partner into joining too? A similair club wasa forming my senior year in high school and I went to the first competition and it was a blast, I say go for it.

3. artameates

artameates New Member

You'll get to know some different people in your school. They may motivate you more. Go for it.

4. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Your friend should be your friend no matter what; maybe he'll even want to join.

5. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

So it comes out, Chris was a nerd in high school.

6. Natezilla

Natezilla Ain't nothin' but a peanut.

My first powerlifting comp is in Oct. And I'm more excited for that than I am anything else in the world. A powerlifting club formed at my high school after I graduated, but if I'd been there when it was, you better believe I'd be a member.

What you need to understand is that powerlifting is the greatest sport there is.

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

good thing that isnt a biased statement :embd:

8. Natezilla

Natezilla Ain't nothin' but a peanut.

Who the fuck are you? For someone that started lifting 2 weeks ago and bitched for days about how much you got flamed on this board you're starting a bunch of shit with me today. Once again, if you have nothing legitimate to offer the thread starter or an opinion on the matter, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I try to avoid drama but you've been a bitch about stupid shit. Just because you've had one workout at a real gym you wanna be above everyone? Do your noob gains make you feel superior to all the others on the board? Don't fucking post if you aren't going to be constructive. Weren't those your feelings not long ago when you bitched about the state of the board (after being a member for weeks)? And if you wanna bash people for being stupid, fucking do something before you look at them with righteous indignation.

9. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

ugh before you go off on another rant, i was simply pointing out that for the sake of others who participate in other sports/hobbies, you may want to realize that it could possibly come across as being a little ignorant.

sorry if my point was clear enough, i figured you'd be able to deduce my argument through context clues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.