New pillows, coffee table, end tables.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by daign, Jun 30, 2007.

1. daign

daign Guest

Picked up some new pillows for the monster couch. Women always be bitching that its too deep and needs pillows. :squint: Also got a new coffee table and some matching end tables. I custom ordered a low restaurant style dining booth to match the couch as well today. Its going to be L shaped with the option of putting chairs on the other side if I have more company. The guy I work with sketches everything out as we talk. Should be pretty cool. Its gonna match the dimensions/style of the couch. Not sure what sort of fabric would be best considering its going to be for dining. Maybe leather. Fabric stains too easy. I'll likely keep a few Herman Miller plywood chairs in the closet for when I have extra guests.

[​IMG]

70s track lighting is being replaced soon.:wtc:

Anyone got a good source for an Eames lounge chair knockoff? :x:

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

not too sure how i feel about the coffee table, but I like everything else :)
    I dunno about brown though...black + white + brown doesnt exaclty match

any plans for some artwork on the wall behind the white couch?

3. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

not liking the coffee table and end tables. they're too high in general...especially the end tables. The coffee table's scale and shape bothers me too. I think you could've gone with something less blocky and it would've broken up the space. Everything feels so square.

I still dislike that rug, but at least you have some pillows to tie it to the couch.

You really gotta do something about the blank wall too :o

4. daign

daign Guest

For once we agree.:bigthumb: They were a gift from the family. :hs: I'd like to replace the coffee table with a low unit, maybe white. I don't see the need for any side tables at all, I'd rather have some sort of shelving on one side, and a nice arched floor lamp on the other side. I'd be a dickhead if I didn't rock the table that was a gift from the family for a few months though...

As far as the wall goes, I have some artwork at the framers, but not for this wall. There are 3 5' sections to fill. As I'm sure you can imagine, any pieces of art entailing five feet cost quite a fucking penny. I've considered finding a local artist to do a piece on it as an alternative. I've seen all the generic art folks out of the back of dwell and haven't liked anything.

5. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

don't do anything with the wall. looks nice as it is :cool:

6. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

check the links in the decor sticky, Room & Board has some great stuff if you want to customize a table :cool:

I agree about the arched lamp. I LOVE this piece, but it'd own my entire studio :sad2:

[​IMG]

and as for the wall, commissioning artwork isn't a bad idea. You don't necessarily have to have custom stuff done. You can use almost anything with color and some texture. If you look at the Inhabit wallhangings and paintings available from Designpublic or 2modern, you might see something you like. Generic or not, it's better than nothing :dunno: