WEB New PHP/mySQL project at work

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mikey, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

Okay, so I am a department manager for a software company. I had my review, but my boss gave me a task to complete in any manner I see fit. He knows I have knowledge of php/mysql since I maintain our websites and such at work when needed.

Objective:
    provide a way for our outside sales people to view vendors we work with, what each vendor's capabilities are and which of our clients work with these other vendors as well.

When he explained what he was after I immediately knew I could get this done :bowdown: but I didn't give him any idea I could and plan to knock him out of the water with it in time for the national sales meeting in Feb. '09 :bigthumb:

2. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

Although after thinking about it, i might just connect to our client database (oracle) and run my sql through that instead of making a separate database for it.

3. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

if there is already a database keeping track of vendors, definitely read from that instead of creating your own backend for it.

4. millero

millero Aluminum Member

I would pull from the existing db instead of creating one also. i pull tax files from our AS400 using PHP at my company.

5. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member