New Phone: Moto Q v. BlackJack

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kolatd, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Kolatd

Kolatd New Member

Any help on which is better?

Both are damn near identical. Both use MSIE 6.0 right?
    Do both play MP3's? Or only WMA's I know there were some issues with unlicensed music.

Any help is appreciated. :)

2. -Shaggs-

-Shaggs- Member

I got just got a blackjack. I loaded mine with some of my music. I have no problem playing any of it.

3. shohan

shohan New Member

I haven't used either extensively, but I have pllayed around with both. To me the BlackJack seems like a better product. The menus were easily navigated on the BJ where the Q was a bit more of the feeling, "Where is that again?" One thing about the Q that also bothers me is the keyboard. The buttons felt rounded up too much and after a while would become annoying while typing. Also there is the battery life issue with the Q as most reports say less than a day.

I'm stuck with Sprint myself so I wanted to like the Q, but it wasn't doing it for me so in my case I picked up a Mogul. If you have the option of which carriers to choose than maybe the BJ is a better option. Though Sprint does have thier $15 Power Vision Access Pack as oppose to AT&Ts $40 unlimited data package.

If you can wait there is a GSM Q coming out labeled as the Q 9h. It supposedly has fixes and improvements over the original Q. It does look a lot cooler from the pictures I've seen. I haven't read any release dates though.

4. controvert

controvert OT Supporter

I have a Blackjack and haven't had any problems with loading Mp3's so far.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the blackjack is limited to tmobile/cingular and they're networks suck bawls.

6. Cam

Cam New Member

I've heard a lot of people have problems with their Q's, while I've heard only good things about the BlackJack.