A&P New people to A & P, come here

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SenenCito, Mar 9, 2007.

1. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

Ive been noticing quite a few faces lately in here, wanted to give everyone a chance to introduce themselves

so, tell us a bit about yourselves, who are you, what do you like to shoot..show a bit of your work if you like

:wavey:

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

also... A&P old skoolers... keep this thread civil

3. copeland

copeland smarter than you

I'm a photo noob in every sense of the word. No expierience outside of point and shoot. Bought a D80 a couple weeks ago for some work with my pops as a private investigator. But since I dropped such huge cash on a work camera I'm trying to make it a hobby.

Right now I'm enjoying the macro shots and working on focus...Really enjoy a lot of pictures where the subject is clear but the back and foregrounds are soft, next I'll work on post editing.

And basically learning everything I can right now. I've been pretty much blown away with the wide spectrum of talent in this forum...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of unedited shots from in the truck while working...may use both as grounds for editing, I really liked the contrast of the interior vs the dash and clipboard...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  4. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

^^

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've been interested in photography since I was a little kid (along with audio engineering, boobs, and fire). I bought a XTi as my first non-p&s camera about a month ago, and am really just trying to cram everything into my head that I can.

I think i'm most interested in having friends and family say "that's a really nice picture!", more than trying to make $$ on the hobby or impress people on a dedicated photo forum. ( ;) )

Also, I have the benefit of getting to travel to some pretty exciting places, and want to make sure I document my travels as much as I can, both for myself, as well as my future kids & grandkids. That really interests me.

5. copeland

copeland smarter than you

another point I forgot, I'm headed to japan next month which pressed me to hurry with my purchase...I want to have good memories of that trip.

6. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

Same here. Within a year, I have scheduled two trips to guatemala, paris, tampa, and south africa. i want to make sure I'm not a complete n00b by the time i get to S. Africa.

7. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

IN. A & P lurker now for quite some time. Learning a lot from the tips and advice here thank you. :)

In the past couple years I've gone from not understanding anything about photography to absolutely loving it as a hobby. What's most fulfilling is getting compliments from established photographers...so I know at least sometimes I'm doing it right.

8. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

I'm pretty much a photography noob, but I've done a lot of video work, both in short films and television production. I'm mostly into landscapes and wildlife as far as my photography tastes go, but I'll shoot anything if it catches my eye. I also suck at photoshop at this point, so pretty much anything I post is basically unedited, other than a resize and perhaps an auto level. I'm still in the stage of basically shooting in auto mode, working on my composition first, tackling the rest once I'm comfortable with my equipment and style. This is mainly a hobby for me, but I won't turn down any paid work. :o

edit - thought I'd add in my gear

Xti and canon batt. grip w/kit lens
    50 mm f/1.8
    Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di
    70-200 f/4L
    Kenko extension tube set (which is currently FS) :o
    Tamrac expedition 4 bag to haul it in
    Manfrotto 3021BPro w/804RC2 head
    2 cheap lights and a cheap backdrop stand w/cheap backdrop :mamoru:
    I think that's about it, I may be forgetting something...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  9. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

I've been interested in photography for a long time. I pretty much tore my powershot A70 inside out during highschool, finding every little bit of manual function in the thing and fiddling. I would have bought a dSLR years ago, but I play in a band and I had to make my decision between guitar stuff and camera stuff (both of which eat money to no end) and the guitar won out at the time. Just recently I picked up a D80 and have been shooting as much as I can since. It's pretty cold and miserable around here this time of year so I haven't been outside much, and have mostly been doing (warm) concert photography for bands I'm friends with and bands I like.

Some of my old A70 shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologise in advance for the cheesy frames. Anyways, I'm new, what's up.

10. Yes I've also noticed the recent flow of newcomers to A&P, and I'd also like to see these people stay without fear of being reammed by some of the older members. It would be great for this thread go without a hitch and I have a feeling that it will!! Things have been pretty nice around here the past week and I have a feeling we'll continue to have great behavior on here for another couple of weeks! :bowdown:

12. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

:rofl: I've spent all my years on OT in the OT forum. i don't see myself getting "shamed" out of here. ;)

13. :bigthumb:

And I'm not saying that I've never laughed at someone or messed with them for sharing their "awesome" pics, but sometimes things get alittle too carried away in here.

EDIT: Werent' you a mod at one point and :eek3: only 17 posts :eek3:

EDIT: :o you got me.. :squint:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  14. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

:hay: hay guys I'm fairly new here too, got my canon XT about a month ago still fooling around with it and trying to read/learn what I can. I had an interest in photography for a while now but had a shitty 2mp camera that was 4 years old :o so I upgraded and jumped right into the DSLR crew

I havent done any outdoors shooting yet its been too cold and my schedule has been crazy busy :hs: I'll probably mostly be shooting landscapes as I like to explore any interesting places and I'll be taking some cool trips in the next year.

15. :bigthumb: :wavey:

16. Torps

Torps New Member

New here aswell.. Got my canon xti with tamron 17-50 and 70-200F4L about 3 weeks ago. I've always been a strictly P&S shooter, but mostly with my cellphone cam cuz I hate carrying extra stuff. After a recent trip to tokyo and the disappointing pics that resulted I decided to jump into the world of dSLR. Only have cellphone pics online at the moment.. check out that DOF though!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

i'm kindda new here.. but not? probably been surfing this forum for about a year or so.

about 2 years ago i got a sony cybershot camera for christmas.. played with it like crazy for about a year. Then eventually wanted to expand on it.. so I bought a Canon Digital Rebel 300D SLR.. then eventually, I started upgrading glass, sold the 300D after 3 months. Bought a brand new 20D for a steal of a deal. 2 months after that, sold the 20D for the same price I bought it for, bought the 30D once it came out.

I currently shoot with
    Canon 30D

lenses:
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L Non-IS
    Canon 10-22 3.4-4.5
    Canon 50 f/1.8 II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8

I really enjoy this forum. Even though I don't post a lot here, I try to share photos when I can. But I really enjoy looking at everyone's work. There's a lot of talent in this forum.

18. strubbe

strubbe New Member

Umm hi :hay:

Just bought a used 300D that came with the kit lens/ Canon
    75-300

Took a class or two in high school with an old SLR, learned manual stuff blah blah blah but I'm just now getting back into it.

I'll be posting a lot of sports/action/candid/nature shots once I get a feel for the camera... I'd like to eventually turn this hobby into a profession, but who knows.

:)

19. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

I got my first camera for my HS graduation after borrowing my dads all the time. It was Sony Cybershot. Ive pretty much out grown the camera and got bored with not being able to do much with it as far as settings.

I got a Nikon D40 about a month ago with my tax return with the kit lense and a 50mm 1.8. I dont really see making any money with it, but more to capture good memories and impress friends/family with the pictures I take. Like the other guys in here, im trying to learn and cram as much info into my head as I can.

Ill probally end up doing alot of pictures of vacaction trips (landscape shots), portraits, cars and candid shots.

Work:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing special really. Im still getting used to the camera and how to compose pictures. Dont mind the pictures of random nothingness.

20. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

I'm sorta new to A & P. I've lurked for awhile and post once in a blue moon.

I'm a hobbyist.
    A few years ago I picked up a Canon Powershot Pro 1 just to have as a "better then average" digi. 2 weeks later I was hooked and annoyed that I didnt shell out a little more cash and get a digital Rebel.

About a month ago I finally stepped up the hobby a little more... Purchased a 30d with the kit lens and added a 70-300 F4 IS lens a couple weeks ago. I'll be looking into a super telephoto next.

21. s0ber

s0ber New Member

Cute girl :cool:

I want a 50mm 1.8 STAT.:p

22. SkyAce2004

SkyAce2004 New Member

Jailbait slut I work with. (no im not a cop, before you ask. I just live with someone who is.) And that picture was taken with the kit lense

23. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

Yeah man, the A70 is a pretty boss camera.

24. vtec1994

vtec1994 It always rains at Le Mans

Hey everyone, Im completely new to higher end digital cameras. I bought a Canon S3 IS last week in preparation for my trip down to Florida next week for the 12 Hours of Sebring. Ill be using the camera a lot to shoot races/autox, etc. Ive also found some fun in using the macro/super macro features of the camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

giant building sized cable modem :noes: