A&P New *old* camera. Nikon N2000

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by 127.0.0.1, Sep 12, 2005.

1. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

After giving up on using digital cameras, I found my dads old N2000 he has had most of my life (he started using digitals, and hasnt touched in it 5 or 6 years at least).

He had the original lense, as well as a sigma 72-220mm telephoto lense.

I just had a few questions. If anyone is familiar with the camera.

1. right next to the exposure dial, there is a small button and a sprung switch labeled R (push the switch, and you can depress the button), but I have no idea what it does.
    2. The exposure dial, what do the A (green box around it), P, and P-HI (both with orange boxes) settings do? About the only thing I could tell, is the light sensor lights inside the viewer no longer show when in any of these three settings, as well as the B setting).
    3. The timer button has a small switch around it, and it seems the light sensor does not work if this is switched (towards the lense).

Thanks for the info, I am going to try and use up a few rolls figuring out the basic settings. I was out with a friend of mine tonight taking some random photos, and I didn't even notice there was no film in the camera (woops). Most of the pictures would have sucked anyway I'm sure. But now that it's loaded, we are good to go. I am going to try and get a DSLR for christmas, but we will get to that later :x: (I can only hope at least).

2. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

no help for me?

3. CRC

CRC New Member

you gave up on digital?

4. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

until i get the money for a digital SLR, i have been disappointed with normal digi cams in the past year or so.

seems the idea that higher MP rating = better camera has taken over the necessary improments in image quality, color accuracy, etc

ive got a 2mp nikon coolpix, which did a GREAT job of taking quick snaps, automatically setting itself up for any kind of picture, and my brother just got a sony T-33 5mph, and on that thing, sure it can create a huge picture, but unless you hold the camera PERFECTLY still, the shots are out of focus. that and settings are extremely limit for a $300+ camera.

5. I'll sell you my 8mp sony :eek3:

6. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

I think you guys are missing the point of the thread. I am trying to figure out how to use this camera.

DSLR will be coming around christmas time. but for now...i would love to know how to use this 35mm

7. sony

sony Active Member

8. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

9. sony

sony Active Member

no prob :o