COMIC New miyazaki films are out!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tom3, Apr 17, 2003.

1. tom3

tom3 ...

kiki's delivery service, castle in the sky, and spirited away came out yesterday. best buy is having a special deal where if you buy these three, on one receipt, they will throw in princess mononoke in for free. so the total comes out to $57. :bigthumb: the three are released by disney and come with a second disc, but princess mononoke was previously released by miramax with one disc, but it still has a bunch of special features on it. they're encoded as ntsc, which i thought was kinda weird instead of r1.

2. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

suncoast had that deal too :) now i have two mononokes

3. I-heart-BoA

I-heart-BoA Guest

Too bad I've watched them all when I was younger. :o

They should've thrown in Grave of the Fireflies just for the heck of it :bigthumb:

4. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

:wtc: grave of the fireflies

more stuff that are good... "wind valley" or "valley of the wind" and "my neighbor totoro" or "tonari no totoro"

i just watched totoro yesterday, makes me feel like little kid again (well, although im not exactly old)

5. I-heart-BoA

I-heart-BoA Guest

:werd:

Miyazaki's art style isn't my favorite, but just about EVERYTHING else makes up for that. :bigthumb: :bowdown:

6. tom3

tom3 ...

grave of the fireflies is a ghibli film, but it wasn't actually made by miyazaki. i think it was by takahana?

anyway, i was watching through the special features and stuff in the dvd's and everyone freakin bows down to him like he's the animation god. it's the funniest thing.

edit: he is basically, but it's funny to see americans act that way :)

7. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

yea, the imagination and everything, makes u feel like u entered a fantasy world