SRS new meds

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StayLRG, Mar 12, 2008.

1. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

switched from geodon to abilify. had been taking the geodon for around 2 years or so 40mg a night and i didn't feel it was working. i've started taking abilify, and i'm still dosing up, started at 2, immediately went to 5mg, last night i upped it to 7 mg. while it's a very low dose, i already feel much more stable. things finally feel like they are going to work out. i have so much drama in my life, but i just am not letting it get to me. i'm staying positive, and not being constantly depressed. this wasn't really a "i need help" thread, just want people to stay positive, and be willing to try new things. just so happy to be in a better place.

2. Capital B

Capital B New Member

I'm on Abilify, and I feel pretty good too, much better than i felt while I was on Risperdal or Geodon. I'm on 15mg myself.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  3. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

abilify is quite possibly the single best psych med ever made.

I'm serious, the side effects are really minimal and not intrusive, it works VERY well in controlling mania, more so than most of the other crap out there.

4. Meg

Meg Be patient... I'm trying to post more!

My dr. just increased my dosage of lithium this week. I've been really lucky with that - no side effects, and I've felt more stable in the last year on medication than any other point in my life.

That's a good feeling - glad you're enjoying it!