New Macbook owner

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by User_Name, Nov 20, 2006.

1. User_Name

User_Name Your indecision is your...

Liking it so far. 2ghz, 2 gigs of RAM.

I have only one sorta-complaint. I got the 80gb Hard drive (I woulda gone to a bigger one, but I couldn't afford it). Is there a list of stuff I can safely remove to free up space? Or maybe some reccomendations?

Also, any reccomendations on a backpack for this thing? Having a hard time finding one for a 13 inch notebook, seems like most bags are 15+ inches.

Any must have accessories? Best way to keep the screen clean, etc...

Thanks!

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I use iclear or iklear, whatever its called, its a spray and it does a great job to keep my macbook pro clean.

you can remove the printer drivers and language files, and free up 4-5 gig of space. you can download a program called monolingual ( i think) from versiontracker.com and that will remove the other language files, im not sure how to remove all the printer drivers without doing a clean install (and unchecking the printer drivers u dont want)....

as far as a bag goes, just go to the apple store, they will have plenty of choices, or search ebay for "macbook bag"

3. H Dog 14

H Dog 14 New Member

:wavey: I just got the same machine you did, a few days ago.
    ..but with the 120GB HD

I love this thing.

As for a backpack, I bought one of those neoprene sleeves for my macbook, so it has more protection in my bag. $30 at the apple store

4. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

I just got a refurb blackbook to replace my 12" PB, and so far I really like it. It runs much snappier overall and the screen it much, much better. Only set back is that newegg gave me a bad stick of ram so I am stuck with 1.25gb until I can get it replaced.